Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSRE5 RE will not Load Cajon Pass v4

Collapse
Only viewable if you're a logged in user
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    TSRE5 RE will not Load Cajon Pass v4

    Hello, again. I am having an issue with TSRE5 Route Editor suddenly not loading Cajon Pass v4. It was loading fine the last time I checked, but that was quite a while ago. I did have a look at the Log Entries and WOW! How do you decifer all that information?
    I found it pointed out a couple of shape errors and a few World Files? What would I look for, the route runs fine and TSRE5 loads the Consist Editor just fine. I am using TSRE5 v0.7.002. It also loads other routes just fine as well.
    For some reason I cannot forward the TSRE5 Log? T-S says invalid file when compressed and too big uncompressed.

    #2
    Originally posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, again. I am having an issue with TSRE5 Route Editor suddenly not loading Cajon Pass v4. It was loading fine the last time I checked, but that was quite a while ago. I did have a look at the Log Entries and WOW! How do you decifer all that information?
    I found it pointed out a couple of shape errors and a few World Files? What would I look for, the route runs fine and TSRE5 loads the Consist Editor just fine. I am using TSRE5 v0.7.002. It also loads other routes just fine as well.
    For some reason I cannot forward the TSRE5 Log? T-S says invalid file when compressed and too big uncompressed.
    Copy the last lines (five last or so ) of the TSRE log and post here...those lines usually show where the program is hanging up.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

    Comment


      #3
      OK, sounds good. Here it is:
      [I] Nowy 336 shape: "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/USDecidClump4.s"
      [I] Nowy 337 shape: "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/global/shapes/A1t1000r20d.s"
      [I] w file uncompressed "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014044.w"
      [I] 51
      [I] w file uncompressed "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014045.w"
      [I] 0
      [I] W file: not exist "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014046.w"
      [E] qUncompress: Z_DATA_ERROR: Input data is corrupted
      [I] Nowy 338 shape: "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/uncovcop1.s"
      [I] Nowy 339 shape: "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/car22.s"
      [I] Nowy 340 shape: "C:/msts-1/microsoft games/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/DJeepUS1.s"

      I hope this helps. Thank You Gerry.

      Comment


        #4
        Just out of curiosity, I have no idea if this will work, but, try a different settings.txt.
        settings.zip

        Randy

        Comment


          #5
          "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/USDecidClump4.s"
          [I] w file uncompressed "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014044.w"
          [I] 51
          [I] W file: not exist "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014045.w"
          [I] W file: not exist "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014046.w"
          [E] qUncompress: Z_DATA_ERROR: Input data is corrupted

          [I] Nowy 271 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/7Copcar.s"
          [I] Nowy 272 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/chvy_sub.s"
          [I] Nowy 273 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/Pathfinder2.s"
          [I] Nowy 274 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/Mazda323.s"
          [I] Nowy 275 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/uncovcop1.s"
          [I] Nowy 276 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/car4.s"
          [I] Nowy 277 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/Swiftdbl.s"
          [I] Nowy 278 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/BMW525i.S"
          [I] Nowy 279 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/BMWmini.s"
          [I] Nowy 280 shape: "c:/orts/or_profiles/cajon_teh/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/Jp1Truck1.s"

          Just open Cajon4 with TSRE and there is some similarities between my log and yours...BOLD... above.

          However, the route opens for me. Do you have a working backup of the route? If it was me I would rename your current Cajon 4 or move it out of the routes folder and replace it with the good backup, then try to open it.

          Perhaps a person familiar with TSRE will look in...that's all I've got...I was hoping it would point to something more definite than what we are both seeing.
          Cheers, Gerry
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Gerry and Don,
            I'll admit that I'm quite out of my depth here so my comments may be absolute rubbish - if so, please say!!

            I have installed Cajon Pass v4 from the library together with updates to v4.1 and v4.2
            The route doesn't have any World files numbered w-012798+014045.w or w-012798+014046.w.
            Route_Riter only shows a few missing TERRTEX Snow textures and MSTS loads and runs the route without error.

            Maybe an Open Rails upgrade has been released, but I'm not able to find it!

            Cheers,
            Ged

            Comment


              #7
              Randy -- much of what you have in your settings txt is foreign to me, one thing did stand out... writeTDB = true ... I don't know if that's a good idea for someone like myself ( and perhaps Don ) having changes written to the TDB...for safety sake if you are only using the TSRE to work with activities ( or move bushes and trees ) shouldn't this entry be: writeTDB = false.
              Cheers, Gerry
              It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
              Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
              Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by slipperman View Post
                Hi Gerry and Don,
                I'll admit that I'm quite out of my depth here so my comments may be absolute rubbish - if so, please say!!

                I have installed Cajon Pass v4 from the library together with updates to v4.1 and v4.2
                The route doesn't have any World files numbered w-012798+014045.w or w-012798+014046.w.
                Route_Riter only shows a few missing TERRTEX Snow textures and MSTS loads and runs the route without error.

                Maybe an Open Rails upgrade has been released, but I'm not able to find it!

                Cheers,
                Ged

                Ged, I have to chalk it up to the mysteries of train simming...according to my notes I have Ver4.2 installed with some newer Patrick Wise terrain textures. I've been using this route for quite some time with no issues, I cannot account for the differences in world files. Perhaps Don and I are living in another world???

                bandicam 2022-08-30 13-51-20-166.jpg
                Cheers, Gerry
                It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yes, my thinking as well. Yes, I have Back-ups of all my routes.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Possible just something between OR and TSRE5?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                      Randy -- much of what you have in your settings txt is foreign to me, one thing did stand out... writeTDB = true ... I don't know if that's a good idea for someone like myself ( and perhaps Don ) having changes written to the TDB...for safety sake if you are only using the TSRE to work with activities ( or move bushes and trees ) shouldn't this entry be: writeTDB = false.
                      Not a bad idea. I was just wondering if it would open the route.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Don,
                        The route seems to load OK into TSRE5 (v0.7012) but the log gives similar messages to yours :
                        Nowy 269 shape: "t:/msts/train simulator/global/shapes/A1t1000r20d.s"[I] Nowy 270 shape: "t:/msts/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/shapes/USDecidClump4.s"
                        [I] w file uncompressed "t:/msts/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014044.w"
                        [I] 51
                        [I] W file: not exist "t:/msts/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014045.w"
                        [I] W file: not exist "t:/msts/train simulator/routes/CajonPass4/world/w-012798+014046.w"
                        I don't know if it has any relevance, but all the .w files seem to be uncompressed.

                        Cheers,
                        Ged
                        Last edited by slipperman; 08-30-2022, 04:35 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I used it to create the last activity segment for my SouthWest Chief activities from 1995. I used the Cajonpass4 route as the route....When I looked at TSRE's log....there are a number of call outs....mostly I don't understand them....but it didn't seem to stop TSRE from loading the route.....

                          anyway. BTW...I'm running v0.7.001

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by amtrak115 View Post
                            I used it to create the last activity segment for my SouthWest Chief activities from 1995. I used the Cajonpass4 route as the route....When I looked at TSRE's log....there are a number of call outs....mostly I don't understand them....but it didn't seem to stop TSRE from loading the route.....

                            anyway. BTW...I'm running v0.7.001
                            Yes, that is why I came back to it, your segment for the SouthWest Chief activities from 1995. I wanted to update some of the buildings and vegetation, but it will not load past the initial screen, just on Cajon Pass.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hello all, thanks for those who tried helping, I took all your suggestions/ideas in turn but nothing worked. So today I updated TSRE5 RE and now with this update/newer files/replaced files it opens Cajon Pass 4.2 just fine.
                              I was going to try this earlier, but hey, you guys gave me some ideas to use for future issues, if any.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X