Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not putting the test versions in the library intentionally because we have far many more members who don't read the forum and may not understand what testing/unstable can mean for their routes.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Okay, I concur with your thinking on that so just let us know when a new stable release is available. Thanks for you taking on this web site. As a retiree of CSX, where I managed a CADD system with initially 8 and later 24 workstations, I can appreciate the trauma involved.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post

Well, none of these load in 8.003, nor did they load in 7.012, so it's going to take a little more deconstruction to figure out what's going on here.

If they're using a file naming convention that's not MSTS and not the current ORTS spec, I'm really not inclined to spend a whole lot of time figuring that out. At least not right now.
        I just got a chance to check these out. It seems like a major problem is that not all of the files are included. For instance the consist included has the first wagon being DTTX_620040_A. That wag file exists, and also has an OpenRails counterpart. BUT the .s file it references (53FT_NWF13_BarA.s) doesn't come with the pack. For some of the other .wags in the consist, the file folder COMMON_Container_3d is not included, and the .s files referenced there are also not included (even in a different folder). So this just seems to be a really incomplete set. Testing of any kind seems impossible, even for the stated purpose of the pack much less trying to use it to test features of TSRE. Sorry, I should have explored further before suggesting it.

Comment

No worries -- I can eventually create something to test with, but it's admittedly a fairly low priority.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

More of a quality of life thing, but in the download for TSRE from Train-Simulations, they include some very nice and professional looking desktop icons. Could those be included, along with a new icon for the Shape Viewer please?
            Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
            Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

To add to wishlist... is it possible to have multiple track profiles?

Comment

Originally posted by ruifonseca View Post
                To add to wishlist... is it possible to have multiple track profiles?
                That would need to be supported and defined by ORTS, but TSRE could add a supporting parameter to indicate which profile to use.

Comment

In the Consist Editor, selecting a piece of rolling stock brings up a "stat" list on the lower right-hand side that has several variables displayed ("Name" "file name" "Type" "Brake" "Mass" etc). Is it possible to have those entries be edit-able within the Consist Editor, i.e. possible to change the Name, or maybe the Mass by editing the entry in that particular stat line vs having to open the wag/eng file in a text editor?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
                    In the Consist Editor, selecting a piece of rolling stock brings up a "stat" list on the lower right-hand side that has several variables displayed ("Name" "file name" "Type" "Brake" "Mass" etc). Is it possible to have those entries be edit-able within the Consist Editor, i.e. possible to change the Name, or maybe the Mass by editing the entry in that particular stat line vs having to open the wag/eng file in a text editor?
                    Fine idea,,,then you'd have to have an option to choose an editor...I could never get the "Consist/Open in External Editor" to work. I assumed it was done by inserting the proper line in the settings.txt
                    Cheers, Gerry
                    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Not sure I want to take on re-writing ENG and WAG files just yet... especially since you can open it up from the menu.

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                      I assumed it was done by inserting the proper line in the settings.txt
                      Make sure you have the WAG and ENG file types associated to an editor in Windows. There's nothing in the Settings file to denote a default editor, although that might be something to consider.

Comment

Make sure you have the WAG and ENG file types associated to an editor in Windows. There's nothing in the Settings file to denote a default editor, although that might be something to consider.
                        Got it, thanks, that's something I failed to consider.
                        Cheers, Gerry
                        "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

More error flagging and informational messaging around textures:

Code:
                          [E] Check Texture Dimensions:  "e:/dropbox/msts/routes/cnw-harvard/textures/milwgirder-9-275.ace"  =  747  x  747
                          [E] Check Texture Dimensions:  "e:/dropbox/msts/routes/cnw-harvard/textures/tarpaper2.ace"  =  225  x  225
                          [E] Check Texture Dimensions:  "e:/dropbox/msts/routes/cnw-harvard/textures/tarpaper3.ace"  =  225  x  225
                          [I] DDS upgraded for  "e:/dropbox/msts/routes/cnw-harvard/textures/acleantrack1.ace"
                          [I] DDS upgraded for  "e:/dropbox/msts/routes/cnw-harvard/textures/acleantrack2.ace"
                          ​
                          The first message is informational as far as ORTS goes, but a true error for TSRE --- it cannot load ACE files that aren't square -or- divisible by 2.... these get skipped which usually leaves the last texture processed being rendered in its place.

For years, I had strange textures appearing in TSRE on some of my buildings' roofs. Now I know why -- the tarpaper image was an odd size. ORTS seems more than capable of handling the odd-sized textures (and had been handling non-square textures as well last time I checked).

The DDS upgrade is going to appear when you have a DDS texture named the same as an ACE texture, and will use what should be the higher/newer quality image. There are no checks being done on date or size -- the upgrade is purely based on the image type.

Comment

Originally posted by SD40-2 View Post
                            the download for TSRE from Train-Simulations ... include some very nice and professional looking desktop icons.
                            I haven't forgotten about this, Parker. FYI, the download on the TSN site is v0.69something, and fairly out of date even by Goku's releases. They -are- nice icons, but Jason or someone else with TSN would need to give the OK to re-distribute those as it's part of their wrapper and installer, and not part of the open source repository.

OTOH, if you or someone else would like to contribute icons, I'll be glad to include them in the packaging.

Comment

I haven't forgotten about this, Parker. FYI, the download on the TSN site is v0.69something, and fairly out of date even by Goku's releases. They -are- nice icons, but Jason or someone else with TSN would need to give the OK to re-distribute those as it's part of their wrapper and installer, and not part of the open source repository.

OTOH, if you or someone else would like to contribute icons, I'll be glad to include them in the packaging.
                              I would not mind contributing some icons, especially since the shape viewer doesn't have any icons. Do you have a particular style in mind?
                              Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                              Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

Something without Arial as the font?

Comment

Working...
                                X