Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new v8.004 is out, and includes an installer now.

Parker's icons don't look that bad converted to ICO's...
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Thank you. I tried to keep that in mind when making them. I wouldn't consider them done-done, but they're good enough for a release. Just been busy with chores and work and some other stuff.
      Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
      Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

eric, Is it possible to set a variable prefix (e.g. DB/DB2f_) in front of the track name when selecting the track, to save the later conversion via "Edit"?

Greetings

Weichenpfleger (Franz)

Comment

Now a few things I would like to see Eric is a way to do a TDB/RDB rebuild and I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I have not been able to zoom in or zoom away from a specific object that I am placing or trying to work on like I used to be able to and it seems as if you can only gain elevation after you go over the terrain and the camera raises higher but I am not able to get back down to ground level once you get the camera up to a higher elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonS261 View Post
            I would like to see is a way to do a TDB/RDB rebuild
            Yep, that's something all of us would like. If someone wants to take on the code design for that, I'm all in....

Originally posted by BrandonS261 View Post
            I have not been able to zoom in or zoom away from a specific object
            Camera lock is on by default. Use the period to unlock it.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Eric! I couldn't figure it out for the life of me for some reason! For me I like to have full control of the zoom but I can see where camera lock would be helpful in some respects.

Comment

You can disable in settings.txt:

lockCamera = false

Comment

Camera movement keys are different with new version, not sure why, but change it back like it was before.

Comment

The only thing that changed was the lock default. It's easily disabled and configurable per the above.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Comment

In MSTS, to add a diamond crossing was a bit of a complicated procedure (there used to be a tutorial on how to do it at the Steam4me site).

How does TSRE add a diamond crossing? Is it a single simple point and click, or do you need to follow the same MSTS process?

Thanks

Comment

My wishes:
                        1. Select/Remove multiple tiles including tdb and object at once.
                        2. Extract multiple tiles to an extra route.

These two can be relevant to edit or fix large routes which have been merged from multiple routes.

Comment

Originally posted by steamer_ctn View Post
                          How does TSRE add a diamond crossing? Is it a single simple point and click, or do you need to follow the same MSTS process?
                          You can also follow these instructions. Keyboard commands are for MSTS not TSRE.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by steamer_ctn View Post
                            The process of adding a hazard or speedpost and changing it to a crossover item should still work.

I'll also take a look to see if maybe there could be a hack to combine two speedpost items into a crossing item within TSRE.

Comment

Yes! That would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post

The process of adding a hazard or speedpost and changing it to a crossover item should still work.
                                Thanks for the feedback.

The Hazard seems to add, but when you try and select the Hazard, it indicates that it is unsupported.

Should the crossover item be visible in TSRE (would be helpful to see when there is one, and there isn't one)?

Originally posted by eric View Post

I'll also take a look to see if maybe there could be a hack to combine two speedpost items into a crossing item within TSRE.
                                That would be great, as I am hoping to trigger some sounds off it.

EDIT: I have manually added the Crossover Item following the tutorial, and TSRE is "automatically" removing the item because it is not associated with a track.

If you are interested, I can provide you with a small sample track route so that we can compare test outcomes. PM me if you are interested.
                                Last edited by steamer_ctn; 05-27-2024, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X