Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't plan to do it myself. I found a good texture for the track that appears much better than what I had been using and since I will ultimately load some routes to the "incomplete" category, I will let others to that super detailing if they wish and just request that they release the completed route and that they did not use any payware items in it. Northern Montana has to match earlier routes done my me and detailed by Lukas Lussar, so I used the same transfers on it, that he used on the RMD-EAST. Right now, I am finishing up the complete Knoxville Division (now subdivision) of the L&N and now CSX.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post

As I said, the route had zero issues in v4 and v5 of TSRE, not damaged.

Not damaged still, but shows this issue in v6 and 7 of TSRE.
      ​​​​​​
      TSRE v5 was incomplete and didn't worked with QuadTree. Routes made using v5 are "broken".

You can fix QT in MSTS QT editor. Maybe there are other tools.
      I fixed my routes using hidden functions in TSRE code.

Comment

So Eric, is it possible to have something to fix the Quadtree for routes that may be broken, or is this going to be a situation where myself or others are going to be SOL, as this is what it seems for those that can't use the original MSTS editors, Route Riter or have zero knowledge on how the trick the current TSRE into doing so....
        Last edited by CSRX; 03-02-2024, 08:57 AM.
        -Shawn K-
        Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
          So Eric, is it possible to have something to fix the Quadtree for routes that may be broken
          Not sure without doing some researching...

Quadtrees only make a difference where 2km and >2km tiles are mixed for distant Terrain. I've never really used distant terrain because it didn't matter much in Illinois or Wisconsin, and my Arizona route is only using the 2km tiles even for the further off mountains on the edge of the route.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I hope to change the automatic placement distance to 10km, which is very useful for the placement of signals in automatic block sections. After my testing, this will not cause any bugs. I would greatly appreciate it. You just need to do this in ObjTools. cpp:
            set
            QDoubleValidator * doubleValidator=new QDoubleValidator (-999, 999, 6, this);
            QDoubleValidator * doubleValidator1=new QDoubleValidator (1, 999, 6, this);
            Change to
            QDoubleValidator * doubleValidator=new QDoubleValidator (-9999, 9999, 6, this);
            QDoubleValidator * doubleValidator1=new QDoubleValidator (1, 9999, 6, this);

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
              Quadtrees only make a difference where 2km and >2km tiles are mixed for distant Terrain.
              It is possible to use mixed tile size in detailed terrain too. Some routes are made this way.

Comment

Originally posted by GokuMK View Post
                As a route builder, you can just have QT disabled for affected, old routes. But don't ask for it to be disabled by default, so that no new routes are damaged.
                That's such a fantastic attitude. Sorry you are getting offended by someone like myself, looking to help others in the future, by simply having a certain feature included.

By the way, another route was built in v6, and shows the same issue, so I think it's fair, this is a TSRE issue in general. Sorry to say. Maybe try to work out the details rather than just get all upset when I ask you or others questions on what we can have in place.

I'm actually very appreciative that Eric is willing to pick up and continue where you left off, and is willing to work with us in general of things we actually would like to have.

I'm officially done with this conversation. Good day.

Not sure without doing some researching...

Quadtrees only make a difference where 2km and >2km tiles are mixed for distant Terrain. I've never really used distant terrain because it didn't matter much in Illinois or Wisconsin, and my Arizona route is only using the 2km tiles even for the further off mountains on the edge of the route.
                ​Thanks Eric for looking into this, I absolutely appreciate this, and I'm sure current and future route builders will too.
                Last edited by CSRX; 03-02-2024, 02:02 PM.
                -Shawn K-
                Derby Rail Shops

Comment

In world files, tit files, rit files, tdb files, and rdb files, sometimes the absolute value of the X or Z coordinates of an object exceeds 1024. This usually occurs when placing objects on tracks crossing tiles.
                  Last edited by denglihong; 03-03-2024, 12:33 AM.

Comment

For the Consist Editor
                    It has the ability to reload the shape; is it possible to have it reload the wag/eng file?

Comment

Here are the modal flags shown in the Navi window (I'm still working to get them in a separate window which is proving far more interesting than I first thought it would be)
                      Just throwing an idea your way that might be an easier/prettier way to do it compared to putting them in a seperate window:

Another option is using QStatusBar.

Then the modal flags would be displayed in the main window. All the way at the bottom. Like in the image below.

The advantage of this approach would be that the flags are always visible to the user.

And all it would take to see if something is enabled or not would be a quick glance down at the bottom bar.

mainwindowlayout.png

(Image is from this page in the Qt docs)

Comment

Originally posted by pgroenbaek View Post
                        Another option is using QStatusBar.
                        I did consider this.... the end goal was to have this in a floating window similar to what we had with MSTS, but maybe that can be a second option.
                        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Adding on to this thread - would it be possible to add an option for the auto-placement function to place the objects such that they are set to the terrain elevation immediately underneath them (essentially, it would be an automatic application of the "H" key). Currently the feature places objects at the same elevation as the adjacent track or road.

I have been using this feature to place tree lines on some routes I have been working on in Northern Ontario which is a lot of forested areas on undulating terrain where much of the track is either up on a high fill or going through a deep cut. This typically results in auto-placed tree lines that are either floating in the air or are deep underground. Manually selecting each object and snapping it to the terrain elevation is tedious and time consuming when required for miles on end. While some manual adjustment of these objects will always be required due to variable embankment and cutting widths, having this described feature would save a lot of time and effort.

Any consideration of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                          Kenneth

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that these setting entries:

season = "" // For editing winter/fall/spring/summer
                            seasonalEditing = false​

are as yet not implemented and that TSRE still does not support seasonal textures (not to mention night textures)?​
                            I think my question got lost among the other discussions.

Martin

Comment

Not lost, haven't had time to dig into it yet.

Comment

seasonalEditing = true
                                #season = Winter
                                season = Summer
                                #season = Spring
                                #season = Autumn​
                                seasonalEditing.jpgWinter.jpg
                                Autumn.jpg
                                Spring.jpg
                                Summer.jpg
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SIYbL4sRM-VMd7

Comment

Working...
                                X