Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily doable. Should be done by Monday at latest in testing 8.003T.

landnrailroader rdayt

Setting the elevation method is already enabled in the v0.7 code.... there's a setting "DefaultElevationBox" which is poorly named and described compared to what it does.....

It isn't the value for the elevation box, but the elevation method in the order they appear in the dropdown:

Possible values are:

0 = Per Mille
    1 = Percent
    2 = 1m in X m
    3 = Angle

Last edited by eric; 04-06-2024, 02:49 PM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post

If someone's aware of a set (US or otherwise) that has those other positions used for positioning within an Load-OR structure, let me know what it is and I can do that last bit.
      On the MG site (http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php) there's a ContainerDemoPack at the bottom, that appears to be used to demonstrate the loading/unloading function of ORTS. It has a set of various containers in it. They use the load-or file convention, but also use a (legacy?) loa file convention. It references variously-sized containers (down to 20 ft) but doesn't seem to come with anything smaller than 40ft. Not sure if that pack would help.
      Last edited by yellowdog; 04-06-2024, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Wishlist:

1 - One step Load Map + Show Map+ Make Tile Texture from Map
        Would save a lot of time populating the route, especiallys if this couls event be done while creating new tiles if not exist+create terrain from geodata.

2 - pick a terrain texture whith shapes already on it... and place that terrtex in another tile with the shapes... rotatable as well

3 - create on settings.txt something like compassview=true/false so that I dont have to check the compass checkbox on the view menu every time i load tsre

Comment

Currently we have a refresh function for the objects list, i.e. the .ref file but could we also have a refresh function on the marker file?

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by denglihong View Post
            When I set the offset and automatically place the signal, it seems that the signal has not been translated and is still on the track. I need to move it one by one, which is too troublesome.
            denglihong The offsets in the Autoplacement box don't work for items that are tied to a TrItem (signals, speedposts, mileposts).

What I've been able to do is add an offset value in the Settings file that will adjust where the shape for signals and mileposts gets placed.

Example: sigOffset = 2.5

Placed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500557.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.0 KB ID:	2299540

Flipped:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	2299542

Placed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500559.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	2299541

Flipped:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500560.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	2299539

You can still move it manually if you want after placing, but be aware it will reset on the next flip(s).

I've put an exception in place to not move items with "Gantry" in the name, as those are usually not offset.

Last edited by eric; 04-08-2024, 08:43 PM.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ruifonseca View Post
              3 - create on settings.txt something like compassview=true/false so that I dont have to check the compass checkbox on the view menu every time i load tsre
              This is in v8.003 already for both Compass and Markers:

viewMarkers = true
              viewCompass = true​

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
                On the MG site (http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php) there's a ContainerDemoPack at the bottom, that appears to be used to demonstrate the loading/unloading function of ORTS. It has a set of various containers in it. They use the load-or file convention, but also use a (legacy?) loa file convention. It references variously-sized containers (down to 20 ft) but doesn't seem to come with anything smaller than 40ft. Not sure if that pack would help.
                Well, none of these load in 8.003, nor did they load in 7.012, so it's going to take a little more deconstruction to figure out what's going on here.

If they're using a file naming convention that's not MSTS and not the current ORTS spec, I'm really not inclined to spend a whole lot of time figuring that out. At least not right now.

Comment

This is in v8.003 already for both Compass and Markers:

viewMarkers = true
                  viewCompass = true​
                  Tried it.
                  Works for Markers
                  Does not work for compass

Comment

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
                    Currently we have a refresh function for the objects list, i.e. the .ref file but could we also have a refresh function on the marker file?
                    This took some figuring out, but should now be working in test version 8.004a:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500568.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	2299683

While I was working with that, I also added a new "pseudo-marker" section for Speedposts:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500567.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	2299684

Because there's the possibility of having the same milepost or speed limit at multiple locations, you'll also see a tile X/Y location in the dropdown.

Comment

And a late add.... I'm not a fan of using Ref files and haven't really used them in many years.

Now on the Objects pane, there's a new section under "Other" called "Non-Indexed" which will list all shapes in your route's Shape directory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_500569.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	2299710

Comment

And a late add.... I'm not a fan of using Ref files and haven't really used them in many years.

Now on the Objects pane, there's a new section under "Other" called "Non-Indexed" which will list all shapes in your route's Shape directory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_500569.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	2299710
                        AHHHHH ! A Non-Indexed section for us people who really hate Ref files. I will enjoy this ! 😀

- Mark -

Comment

It's something I thought was long overdue... There was a feature in Route Riter or TSUtils to create Ref files this way, so I figured why not just skip the file and do it dynamically?...

I'll rename it in the next version to "Route/Shapes Directory" because non-indexed might be too obscure and confusing.... and technically, they -are- indexed. Just not in a Ref file.

Comment

Just thinking out loud here, and mostly out of ignorance....
                            I wonder if it might be possible to do something similar with the car spawner? A list of shapes contained in that file. And maybe a way to add/delete shapes from it. Maybe even similar to the consist viewer where you can load the shape from a common directory (the "common directory" in mind is being just the "library" where the user keeps all of the vehicle shapes on their machine, separate from where orts might pull shapes for a specific route), view it, then add it to the car spawner for a specific route.

Comment

How can I download the newest versioni of TSRE or for example 8.004a test version. I assume these are somewhere in our library but cannot find a link?

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Just keep an eye on the forums.
                                This is new this morning.
                                For those interested in trying an unstable version of TSRE, the following is available. Be sure to have backups of your Trains and Route folder before testing with it. This has not actually been reported but is precautionary I also recommend isolating this version from your regular version in a separate folder. Copy over

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X