Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, exercising patience while everyone with the skill set to work on the code, brings their collective selves up to speed. Got it. This has been a fascinating thread to follow.
    Cheers, Gerry
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace​

​

Comment

Great work! Thank you very much.
      So far I had no problems after adjusting the setting.txt, only the stupid Defender won't stop complaining...​ 😍😣πŸ€ͺ
      The pictures show the difference with marked DynTrack, red outlined old version, green Trainsim.Com Fork

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 02-15-24 at 09.24 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	2295839

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 02-15-24 at 09.23 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	2295840

Greetings Jan​

Comment

I remembered how to get the Consist Editor working. But it doesn't seem to be displaying .dds images. I'm digging through the settings, but can't figure it out.
        Last edited by yellowdog; 02-15-2024, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Downloaded TSRE5v8.001 zip and set up everything...put in all a new folder...edited the consist bat file to point to correct exe, copied over my current cerecent.txt file, compared the new settings.txt with my settings.txt and made edits as needed.

Everything works...all the OR profiles/routes are there, consist editor working....thanks to all, very nice work. That was a HUGE hill you folks climbed. ( clumbed?? )

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
          But it doesn't seem to be displaying .dds images.
          <<< also -- not displaying dds in consist editor
          Cheers, Gerry
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

​

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post

Or the ShapeViewer, at least for Locos/Freight

Comment

Downloaded TSRE5v8.001 zip and set up everything...put in all a new folder...edited the consist bat file to point to correct exe
              Not a route builder but, I tested the consist editor and activity editor all seems to be working fine.

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

Or the ShapeViewer, at least for Locos/Freight
              ​

I didn't dig that far into it. just saw everything loaded and made minr timetable changes in the activity editor
              Pacific Northwest Railfan

Comment

Well.... Turns out QT dropped built in support for DDS in version 5.8 and later.

I've been able to build the necessary DLL... Getting it to recognize the format though is a bit beyond what I've done so far.
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
                  Well.... Turns out QT dropped built in support for DDS in version 5.8 and later.
                  meh, low priority stuff. imo --- I already know what the rolling stock looks like.
                  Cheers, Gerry

​

Comment

Seriously? This reminds me of why I got out of IT..... ha ha. I imagine this would impact track shapes, too, but I didn't open any.

I've been able to build the necessary DLL... Getting it to recognize the format though is a bit beyond what I've done so far.
                    Nice!!

Comment

Agree that it's not a showstopper issue for me with route editing, but it may make a difference with shape viewing, consist and activity editing.
                      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

OK... if I can ask again....

Please give this a try to see if DDS is now rendering OK or not. This is the 64 bit version compiled with TSRE 5.15.2, but with missing DDS plugin added (I hope).

TSRE5-64bit-v8.001 ----> TSRE-64Bit-v8.001.zip <-----
                        Last edited by eric; 02-20-2024, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Please give this a try to see if DDS is now rendering OK or not. This is the 64 bit version compiled with TSRE 5.15.2, but with missing DDS plugin added (I hope).
                          No. ConEditor does not show dds. Double checked with shapeviewer and dds textures appear.
                          Let me clarify about shapeviewer. Using the Shapeviewer.bat file within TSRE the dds textures do not show.

Using my stand alone shapeviewer they show.
                          Last edited by R. Steele; 02-20-2024, 01:00 AM.
                          Cheers, Gerry

​

Comment

Interesting....

I'm running on the vanilla PC, and firing up the Starter route, I get track textures. If I rename acleantrack1.dds to something else, I get black track with regular rails. Rename it back, I get track textures, so I know it's rendering DDS's....

In the first zip, I didn't rename the executable in the shapeview and consisteditor batch files, which I just fixed and re-uploaded above.

With the batch pointed at the new exe ( TSRE5v8.001.exe ) it fires up just fine and renders DDS in both Shapeviewer and ConsistEditor for me.

​
                            Last edited by eric; 02-20-2024, 01:40 AM.

Comment

DDS is good to go...they show in ConEd and in TSRE-Shapeviewer
                              Cheers, Gerry

​

Comment

Looks like it's working on my end! 2 other notes right off the bat--1) the DOS box seems to be back and 2) 2 directories are already pre-loaded into the consist editor, that may or may not match the end-user directories

Comment

Working...
                                X