Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrainSimJack
    replied
    Tested on a new windows 11 VM with absolutely nothing installed.

Got the windows smartscreen warning since the .exe is unsigned

After that I see this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	359
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	2295808

Looks like it's working!​
    Last edited by TrainSimJack; 02-14-2024, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yellowdog
    replied
    It worked for me! Of course, I still have the developer tools from the original directions installed, so that may make a difference. As a side note, it opens and transitions MUCH more quickly than the last "official" version. I'm assuming due to it being 64bit?

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Sample size of one....

The 64bit version worked on a PC without any of the development tools (QT, NetBeans, MinGW)....

Happy to hear others experiences.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    With a little more time to focus on this, I was able to take denglihong 's config using 5.15.2 MinGW810 and the 64bit glut he provided, and get a 64 bit build to run.

It required a couple changes:
    1. Copying over 64 bit versions of the lib* and QT5* dll's from the \Qt\5.15.2\mingw81_64\bin folder
    2. adding the platforms folder with qtwindows.dll
    3. adding the 64 bit version of OpenAL32.dll

I'll attach it as a zip here to see if anyone's able to launch it on their PC:

---> 64 bit version: tsre-v8.001.zip

You'll know if it runs based on the window title and lack of the black DOS window when running.

This version has a few of the tweaks I'd been working on:
    • greater precision for dynamic track curves
    • orange highlighting (not blue) for selected objects and terrain tiles
    • menu shortcuts that don't duplicate letters for hotkeys
    • logs with timestamps (no longer over-writing between sessions)
    If you're using multiple monitors... it's forcing itself to the default monitor regardless of where you launch it -- that's to address a problem I haven't been able to figure out on screen positions greater or less than the reported monitor resolution. The Navi box was already doing this, so hopefully this is a decent compromise. Eventually, I'll parameterize the launch location into Settings.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eric; 02-14-2024, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Well, I tried that approach, and am back to a successful build but a failed run....

Code:
    RUN FAILED (exit value -1,073,741,701, total time: 59ms)
    I'm guessing that the MinGW installation (which isn't really detailed by anyone who's offered an installation guide) is behind it.

​This is getting frustrating, especially after I had working builds under the original process, but can't seem to get a clean build/run using that anymore, either.

There are also values being held in NetBeans that seem to propagate between uninstall and re-install....

On edit: I can run a build made with 5.7.0 and MinGw530, which is good. 32 bit --> TSRE5-8001-32.zip

That same exact error came up for me when I got a successful build, but went away when I put the 32 bit OpenAL32.dll into the run directory instead of the 64 bit OpenAL32.dll.... So perhaps it's still looking for the 32 bit DLL even in a 64 bit build?....

Trying again, but will probably not know tonight.
    Last edited by eric; 02-19-2024, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied
    After scratching my scalp, I finally successfully built a 64 bit version. You need to configure it this way: first, you need to choose a 64 bit compiler, like this (picture). Secondly, you need to modify your qmake definition. Like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	屏幕截图 2024-02-02 181926.png
Views:	653
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	2294673

CONFIG += console
    QT += websockets
    LIBS += -lopengl32
    LIBS += -lglu32
    LIBS += -L"C:\Users\jjxjj\Downloads\glut32bit64bit" -lglut64
    LIBS += -L"C:\openal-soft-1.18.2-bin\libs\Win64" -lopenal32

​It is important that you choose glut64 (Attached file) and openal32. The other configurations remain unchanged. After building, enjoy 64 bit TSRE.
    Last edited by eric; 02-13-2024, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied
    Originally posted by eric View Post
    Which option for the MinGW install?

Custom install.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Which option for the MinGW install?

Leave a comment:

• TrainSimJack
    replied
    Originally posted by denglihong View Post

Of course, OpenAL repo is active. There are new versions at Index of /openal-binaries (openal-soft.org)​.
    denglihong - If you just joined this conversation recently, you missed that a few weeks back, the OpenAL-soft.org website was down - people were using the wayback machine to pull old downloads. So my post was intended for those of us who hadn't been able to visit the site originally and to let folks know it was active - for a bit there, to a newcomer just trying to visit the site - it looked to be abandoned.

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied

Can you be a little more specific as to the version?
    Using online installer: Download Qt OSS: Get Qt Online Installer
    When you install, please do like this : picture 1 2 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	屏幕截图 2024-02-01 214908.png Views:	471 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	2294628
    Click image for larger version  Name:	屏幕截图 2024-02-01 215353.png Views:	133 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	2294629

Click image for larger version  Name:	屏幕截图 2024-02-01 215437.png Views:	133 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	2294630

Configure NetBeans like this (32bit) : picture 4

Click image for larger version  Name:	屏幕截图 2024-02-01 215722.png Views:	135 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	2294631

For 64bit, this tutorial does not seem to be applicable because the compiler cannot find glut32.
    2024.2.8: I found solution.
    Last edited by denglihong; 02-08-2024, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    I am using MinGW 8.1.0
    Can you be a little more specific as to the version? There are lots of options on SourceForge, and sometimes it's the smallest difference that matters...

MinGW-W64 Online InstallerMinGW-W64 GCC-8.1.0
    Last edited by eric; 02-01-2024, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied
    You may not have noticed that the TSRE5 compiled according to this tutorial is a 32-bit version, which cannot be used for large route making. When I try to compile using 64 bit qt and mingw, it will prompt "cannot find - lglut32".

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied
    Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post
    Announcement:

It looks like the openal-soft repo is active - the openal-soft website is also back up and running.

OpenAL Soft - Software 3D Audio (openal-soft.org)

kcat/openal-soft: OpenAL Soft is a software implementation of the OpenAL 3D audio API. (github.com)​ (last commit was 2 days ago)

I've not had a chance to mess with these, but thought folks here might want to know.
    Of course, OpenAL repo is active. There are new versions at Index of /openal-binaries (openal-soft.org)​.

Leave a comment:

• denglihong
    replied

Have you been able to successfully run it on a PC other than the one you compiled on? If so, which MinGW did you use?
    Yes, I have successfully run my compiled program in the Windows sandbox. I am using MinGW 8.1.0 with Qt 5.15.2.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Thank you for your attention. I have resolved this issue because I used a 64 bit mingw, which works well in 32-bit mode.

Have you been able to successfully run it on a PC other than the one you compiled on? If so, which MinGW did you use?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X