Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you had a workable version on your end? I'm attaching screenshots of my TSRE folders. The first is my "daily driver" default TSRE folder. These are the contents that were present when I first initiated the process of trying to follow pgroenbaek's guide (post #8 above). I can confirm that these are the contents, because I have a backup folder from about 6 months ago that has the same contents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	daily_driver_TSRE.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	2293962

And these are the contents of the new TSRE Build folder. I haven't changed anything about the contents, except to copy over the dlls outlined by pgroenbaek (also post #8 above):
    • libstdc++-6.dll
    • libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
    • libwinpthread-1.dll
    • Qt5Core.dll
    • Qt5Gui.dll
    • Qt5Network.dll
    • Qt5WebSockets.dll
    • Qt5Widgets.dll

Name:	build_TSRE.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	2293963

I didn't think the process was exactly as described by pgroenbaek, and had to do some supplemental reading to get through some of the sub-steps (like figuring out which packages of MinGW to install, my post #12 above). But the only true errors I got were

1) CYGWIN (or MSYS) was missing, so I had to install it (my post #18 above)
    2) the paths related to C++ Complier and Linker targets reverted to default, so I had to go back and set them again (my posts #20 and #22 above)

I never installed or ran OpenAL Installer. I never moved OpenAL32.dll. OpenAL32.dll has probably been in my default TSRE folder as long as I've been using TSRE, i.e. 4+ years, because it was provided on GoKu's website, and I probably just assumed it was part of the TSRE package when I got back into the trainsim hobby at that time. And it also doesn't appear in my new build folder. So I'm not sure what those recommendations do or don't do. I have a feeling that if you're having trouble with this, then OpenAL32.dll wasn't in your default TSRE folder when you started, but that is complete speculation. And the fact that I had OpenAL32.dll in my default folder to start was pure luck.

I also wonder if the fact that the build goes into the Documents folder by default is problematic. Is Documents a protected Windows folder like Desktop (depending on Admin settings)? ​

Comment

Better to use your fork for untested changes.
      I *did* recommend this...

NOTE: I don't know enough about C++ coding with QT and NETBEANS to statically link the dependencies.
      http://www.railsimstuff.com
      Just Blender now, 3DCrafter only when I have to.
      formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
      https://github.com/pwillard/MSTS-replacement
      sigpic

Comment

I thought you had a workable version on your end?​
        it runs on the machine where I have net beans and QT installed.

It does not run on a vanilla PC if I just download along with all of the other dlls... neither did your version that you attached.

So there's another dependency somewhere along the lines of what Goku was saying we need with a static build.

I've found two different scripts which explain how to do the static build of 5.7.0. The first one fails, I'm in the process of working the second one.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post

it runs on the machine where I have net beans and QT installed.

It does not run on a vanilla PC if I just download along with all of the other dlls... neither did your version that you attached.

So there's another dependency somewhere along the lines of what Goku was saying we need with a static build.

I've found two different scripts which explain how to do the static build of 5.7.0. The first one fails, I'm in the process of working the second one.
          Ah, gotcha. You're aware of these tools that GoKu posted? http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/tools/ Some look to be the same ones referenced in the instructions above, but I don't see mingw530_32.zip listed above. Maybe that helps with doing a static build, or maybe it's the 32bit version (vs 64 bit)?

Comment

I told you all already that TSRE probably requires QT 5.7.1.

My 5.7.0 Static build at koniec.org won't work with new versions of TSRE because it has no websockets included.
            Somewhere in the future I could upload for you my 5.7.1 static build, but don't expect it soon.

Building own static QT isn't that simple. QT static build should be built with all tools included. Not only websockets but also openssl. Openssl is not a part of QT, so you need to find openssl sources matching your QT version yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GokuMK View Post
              I told you all already that TSRE probably requires QT 5.7.1.

My 5.7.0 Static build at koniec.org won't work with new versions of TSRE because it has no websockets included.
              Somewhere in the future I could upload for you my 5.7.1 static build, but don't expect it soon.

Building own static QT isn't that simple. QT static build should be built with all tools included. Not only websockets but also openssl. Openssl is not a part of QT, so you need to find openssl sources matching your QT version yourself.
              Thanks Piotr! I just installed 5.7.1

I see there are a few newer versions in the 5 series all the way up to 5.14.x - does it make sense to try any of the versions above 5.7.1?

- Jack

Comment

I'll try 5.7.1 as well.
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I'm getting about as far as I did last week when we all got it working initially.
                  I've swapped out 5.7.1 for the original 5.7.0

I get this CMD window that mentions a failure to load libEGL:
                  Failed to load libEGL (The specified module could not be found.)
                  create: Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions
                  creating new settings file
                  "settings.txt"
                  ​​

(NOTE: This is being run in a "CleanRoom" environment - I don't have MSTS nor openrails installed, only the dev tools needed to build TSRE)
                  Last edited by TrainSimJack; 01-20-2024, 06:16 PM. Reason: Edit: Added text from screenshot to improve searchability.

Comment

And one more - Eric I think you had this problem as well:

I copied the newly compiled TSRE.exe to my main PC (the one that has openrails installed on it)

There I get this error:
                    F:\OR_TSRECustom>TSRE5.exe
                    This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"
                    in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.​
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.8 KB ID:	2293985
                    I've done a quick google and copied a few additional DLL's (qwindows.dll, qminimal.dll, qoffscreen.dll) but so far no luck.
                    Last edited by TrainSimJack; 01-20-2024, 06:14 PM. Reason: Edited for formatting.

Comment

Yep, I had that one.

I'm tempted to go back to 5.7.0 and remove the WebSocket items. That's all related to running off a server vs. a laptop. If there are folks making that work elsewhere, that's great. But it's not how most of us work.

But before that, I've got 5.7.1 installed and will try a build or two from that.
                      Last edited by eric; 01-20-2024, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Well, the build from 5.7.1 comes up with the same response for me as well.

On to trying a static build.

Comment

Name:	netbeans.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	2294010
                          After installing QT 5.7.1 and adding it to NetBeans, I initially got an error saying it couldn't find qmake.exe. I went in to confirm that the path was correct (it was) and clicked Build again. Success after 7:48. After copying over the dlls, TSRE opens and connects to the server. So I have another successful build. One with QT 5.7.0 and another with QT 5.7.1. I haven't explored doing a static build yet

Comment

I'm just clicking around to see what some of these menus are. Found this, with custom options. Ability to remove websockets. I also wonder if you could add the dlls here to build them in (instead of copying them over at the end). I don't have time to research it right now, but leaving it here for someone else in case it's useful.

Name:	custom definitions.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2294016

Comment

I've got successful builds with both 5.7.0 and 5.7.1, but none will open on a PC that doesn't have QT or NetBeans installed on it.

So maybe that's the prerequisite until the static can be figured out.... I've tried static builds a couple times, and they've all failed at about the same step.

Code:
                              Makefile:204: recipe for target 'qmakebuiltins.o' failed

Comment

Don't confuse Static vs. Dynamic libraries with *.exe deliverables. I have a version using qtcreator that is transportable to machines that does't have Qt. Will send you a PM with details on ET as BillC in the next few days.​

Comment

Working...
                                X