X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing v8.003

For those who might want to try the testing version and provide feedback in the Bugs thread....

Testing version ---> TSRE-Testing-8.003q.zip <-----

Testing version ---> TSRE-Testing-8.003r.zip <-----​

*** 8.003 might delete Consist files if it crashes ***
    *** 8.003 might cause TDB corruption ***

Stop using 8.003M and 8.003N if you have them and roll back to 8.003K or forward to 8.003p (or higher)

Be sure to have backups of your Trains and Route folder before testing with it. This has not actually been reported but is precautionary

I recommend isolating this version from your regular version. Copy over settings as needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eric; 04-02-2024, 10:37 PM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Testing version 8.003c is out
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

New version now available above

v8.003
      New symbols for platform and siding objects, signal objects and speedposts.
      Removes support for ViewsphereDB and VDbID entries in world file objects as these aren't used by OpenRails (legacySupport setting)
      Added mouse wheel support for zooming in/out as long as objects aren't selected
      Status updates for modal features displayed in the Navi box for AutoTDBSave, StickToTerrain, Terrain Brushes, and Rotate/Transform/Resize
      Added Provider name to Map Loading Page (taken from URL in Settings) and disables satellite map loading if no URL is specified
      Copy Position and Position/Rot now includes tile to avoid pastes near tile boundary to appear in the expected position
      Dynamic curves now supported up to 15000m radius
      Extended debug logging on/off in Settings txt
      Fixes multiple JNodePosN entries

Long live the pyramids.... Meet the arrows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500462.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.8 KB ID:	2297114 Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_500463.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	2297118 Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_500465.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	2297119
      These are the new shapes being rendered for platforms, sidings, signal protection and speedposts/mile markers.

Signals and speed posts will point into the block being protected, platforms and sidings will point from the ends toward the center. The line connecting platforms and sidings is still there but hard to see in the screenshots...

By default, items like mileposts which have no direction will still have an arrow, but it's rather meaningless in function yet not something I've coded out yet.

Because of how they're saved, the signal and milepost markers can't be moved yet. I've been banging my head trying to understand Goku's method here, but when you click on the arrow, it moves the related scenery object (e.g. the displayed signal or mile marker shape highlighted in purple).

GokuMK or anyone else familiar with the code.... if you have an idea how to make it moveable, I'd love to hear what I'm not seeing.

I'm just not landing on what needs to be changed (and I'm sure it's something very obvious I've become code-blind to from looking at this over and over)

Of note, they are only visible from the top... If someone really sees a need to view these looking up from underneath the track, shoot me a PM explaining why...
      Last edited by eric; 03-04-2024, 10:07 PM.

Comment

v8.003e issued above. Addresses two bugs and adds the cameraLock setting

Comment

The problem with car spawner, platform, and siding markers is that they have a start and end marker which can be moved.

The signal and speedpost items have a related shape, and only one marker. When you move it, you're moving the related shape, not the TrItem. If you highlight the black TrItem cube, that is also not moveable, nor does the related code from the platform items make it moveable.

Comment

Version 8.003f is posted above for testing.

This includes a few new settings:

legacySupport --- this will eventually be used to allow you to save MSTS ViewSphereDBID's in shapefiles. Those lines aren't needed by ORTS, so the default is already set to false. It's currently dormant, but the setting is there for when it goes live.

newSymbols = true -- this triggers the new arrow shapes for interactives where applicable. Setting to false will go back to the pyramid shapes.

maxAutoPlacement = 999 ---- this was requested for increasing autoplacement from 999m to 9999m. I decided to make it configurable. It's tested up to 10Km, and may work further than that. Autoplacement stops at the next junction node regardless of this setting.​

Comment

Version 8.003g now posted above for testing

Fixes MapBox with an updated setting and a new setting:

imageMapsUrl = https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/mapbox/satellite-v9/static/{lon},{lat},{zoom}/{res}x{res}?access_token=yourApiTokenValue
              imageMapsZoomOffset = -1

Within the last year, the zoom function was broken by a change at MapBox. This fix restores the ability to go between Z17 and Z18 on the fly as you can with Google Maps.

Do NOT include this new ZoomOffset setting if you use Google Maps

Comment

Version 8.003h is out for testing

This adds EOTD support in the Consist Editor.

Use with extreme caution -- during testing, several consist files were deleted when the app crashed. Make sure you have backups of your Trains\Consists folder before testing.

Comment

Well, first try was swapping the EOTD on a consist from a WAG-based one to one of the NAVS ones, and so far so good.

The big bug is that you can add more than one EOTD. A check should be put in place to check if an EOTD is already added to the consist, and the EOTD should be sticky, always remaining at the end of the train. Not sure how hard this would be to program into TSRE.
                  Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                  Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

Well.... is that actually a problem? What happens if the EOTD is at the head end of the train and the locomotive is at the end?

Will ORTS implode if someone does an entire train of EOTD's?

(Found my answer.... No, it won't implode, and only the last one is automatically activated)

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500479b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	2297754
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500480.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.5 KB ID:	2297755

Although unconventional, it did render all four including the one on the front.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500481.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	2297756

When I reduced the consist to have just the single EOT on the front, it was activate in the Ctrl-F9 display, so the "it must be the very last item" doesn't seem to be enforced very well in ORTS.
                    Last edited by eric; 03-14-2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I had some time to test it with a locomotive, and all three I used were displayed, both in the front and the end. I honestly thought ORTS would either crash, or have a software fallback so it shifts the EOTD to the rear.
                      Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                      Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to add rules in TSRE that aren't causing trouble in ORTS. Maybe I can revisit once the backlog list is worked off...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Comment

Testing version 8.003J is out --- I skip from H to J to avoid it looking like v8.0031...

This version should correct an issue with the Activity Traffic Editor crashing if you change the time without an active service file.

Comment

Testing version 8.003k is out

This fixes pick for placement and pick/put for textures

Comment

Testing version 8.003m is out

This should display containers and trailers added via the Load-OR files and ORFreightAnimation extended tags/files.

Comment

Working...
                              X