Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer issues

Eric,

I notice that the terrain often bleeds through transfers when seen in TSRE. Also if there is a transfer already on the terrain, and one adjusts terrain higher, the transfer usually comes out underneath the terrain. The image is of a creek, and notice where it is buried by a high point in the terrain.

Jerry TXFR_ERROR.jpg

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of transfers with terrain painting being an option.

What happens if you select and modify the transfer after adjusting the terrain?

It's been molded to what was there when first applied, and won't know if the terrain was subsequently changed unless you go back and let it rewrite itself.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I've messed around with Transfers - I believe you need to reposition them as Eric stated - after a terrain change.

Also - keep in mind - Carlo's MG ORTS has a fix to minimize Transfer flashing/flickering - assuming he just increased the vertical distance between Mesh and Transfer - the Official Stable and Unstable ORTS - do not.

Regards,
      Scott
      <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

I'm considering making the transfer separation configurable. An extra cm can make a huge difference and be imperceptible.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I'm not steady enough of hand to paint the terrain and I dislike that method because of the large increase in different terrain textures that gets involved. Yes it does look better, no doubt about that but consider the size difference between my original KD sub. and Kenny's version. It is huge.

Jerry

Comment

Hey guys,

I don't have any input on the transfer issues. Looking at the photo Jerry posted, in the newer Knoxville route, I did a few of these scenes simply by running a few one lane road sections in the creek bed. A couple of straight and some curves until the creek goes out of sight. Once in position, I would set the terrain to the road sections and then use that water transfer in the auto paint feature of TSRE to paint only the selected road sections. Makes for a nice creek bed.

Kenny

This is just south of Cattle Spur

Open Rails 2024-03-04 04-51-21.jpg

Open Rails 2024-03-04 04-51-33.jpg

Open Rails 2024-03-04 04-41-53.jpg Open Rails 2024-03-04 04-42-00.jpg
            Last edited by kennyeaton; 03-04-2024, 04:58 PM.

Comment

When it comes to painting streams, creeks, or rivers. I don't necessarily think you absolutely need a steady hand. Most of those aren't perfectly straight and lined up anyways.

-Shawn K-
              Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Kenny, that is sweet! I need to start decking out some waterways like that.
                Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Working...
                X