First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consist editor does not understand include files in eng files

consist editor 8.003
    Consist editor does not understand include files in eng files

Yep, already looking at it. I'm posting a version within the next hour or so which should address includes. It also addresses the exponential mass issue.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Short testing is very good, extended testing tomorrow with making consists.

Comment

I've also started looking a little bit more at the conversion logic.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I would not do any conversion.
          If they put lbs in there without units, it shows a lack of testing.

The issue only showed up as tsre went off code in the .inc file problems.
          Last edited by derekmorton; 04-19-2024, 09:43 PM.

Comment

That's part of the analysis - TSRE is only reading the numbers. I don't see where it is looking for or applying a unit of measure.

Comment

I suggest it does not look, it will be using metric considering the author.

Comment

As written, the unit of measure is not being taken into consideration even though it's there in the INC and ENG/WAG files...

I've noticed that the BLW ENG files show lbs and the OpenRails INC files for the same locomotives are in kg.

The NAVS files are consistently in lbs for the WAG and INC files.

Others are listing "t" which could be either tons (US) or tonnes (Metric)....

I have figured out how it can be read, but that's going to take some added work which I'll have to look at in the next week or two.

For now, the divisor and threshold are enabled.
                Last edited by eric; 04-20-2024, 11:05 PM.

Comment

There are three versions of the ton, Imperial, US and Metric. The UoM for these in OR are defined as t for Metric ton, and t-uk for Imperial with t-us for US ton.
                  Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Comment

Having dumped a bunch of file outputs to a log, it seems none of what I have to test with are using the -us and -uk suffixes... unless that's also being stripped by the STF parser...

Comment

OK, I was able to get the parsing corrected. Conversions are working, and will be logged if the value in the WAG/ENG/INC wasn't in metric tons.

Code:
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 BLW_E8B_IC_4105.s  Adjusted Mass:      138.346  was  138346kg
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 BLW_E9B_IC_4106.s  Adjusted Mass:      138.346  was  138346kg
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 BLW_E9B_IC_4108.s  Adjusted Mass:      138.346  was  138346kg
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 NAVS_ATSF_Hilevel_Baggage.s  Adjusted Mass:      60.782  was  134000lb
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 NAVS_ATSF_Hilevel_Baggage.s  Adjusted Mass:      60.782  was  134000lb
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 NAVS_ATSF_Hilevel_Baggage.s  Adjusted Mass:      60.782  was  134000lb​
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 WP_WOODCHIP_5103_LD.s  Adjusted Mass:      96.1617  was  106t-us
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 WP_WOODCHIP_5103_MT.s  Adjusted Mass:      30.1186  was  33.2t-us
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 WP_WOODCHIP_5110_LD.s  Adjusted Mass:      96.1617  was  106t-us
                      [I] Eng.cpp 253 WP_WOODCHIP_5110_MT.s  Adjusted Mass:      30.1186  was  33.2t-us

Comment

Working...
                      X