X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing Speed signs

Hey everyone, So I am not sure if this has been discovered yet or if it is just a user issue but I have discovered that for some reason when placing speed limit signs TSRE will not account for a double Passenger/Freight sign and only sets up for a single sign. To be more specific I am trying to place the BNSF speed limit signs.

Brandon

Brandon, I'm not seeing in any of the data structures where two speeds are supported.

TSRE has an option for P, F, or Both, and that seems to be what the data model supports as well. The SpeedpostTrItemData () item has a bitmask value for the first position, and the speed in the second. There's not room for a second speed nor is there room for a second SpeedpostTrItemData item.

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

The only way I've seen double speed limits work is to either use two interactive shapes that are designed to be placed together, or use a static shape for the sign and bury the interactive speedposts (this is what I do)

Comment

It takes a little adjustment in placement, but I'll place Freight speed post, and Passengers speed post, in close proximity on the track, and then move the second post object so one resides above ( on top of ) the other, thus appearing as one larger speed post.
        Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
        It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

All good approaches I'd take if I really cared about speed limits....

Personally, I don't use them on my routes. I expect engineers and conductors to know the division timetable speeds.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Thanks guys!

So Eric so you make people do there research I see before they travel on your lines? I would like to put in speed signs when it comes to my routes because I will have both the BNSF and CP Mainlines into one route! At least the CP/CPKC River Sub and BNSF St Croix Sub from St Paul, MN to La Crosse, WI. I decided to pick it back up and start with more scenery, roads and some interactive objects.

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonS261 View Post
              you make people do there research I see before they travel on your lines?
              I include timetables (pdf or jpgł in my routes documentation folder, so the only research needed is to read the instructions.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X