X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kml milepost for B&O West End route

I'm sooo lost. I have entered the kml mileposts on Google Earth, but can't figure out how to get them to the route. What am I missing?
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

If you have the kml file in your route directory, it will appear on the Navi window dropdown, and render if markers are turned on.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

My problem is I can't figure out how to get the data from Google earth to the route file, and where does it go in the route file? I really am lost on this.
      Glenn Duba
      Cinnaminson, NJ

Comment

Glenn,

I assume that you have placed those funny looking pushpin things in Google EArth and labelled them for the mileposts. You can move those around just like file objects on your PC. What I do in this situation is go to the listings panes at the left of the aerial image and select each one. Then right click and use "save as" to save the item as a KML file in a directory you first created on your PC for the purpose. I ass/u/me that Eric meant to then place the KML files in the root directory of your route but that is not the method I use. There is a little app, several of them, probably some in the library, to convert .kml files to .mkr files. I would use one of those to create a .mkr (marker) file of the mileposts, then rename it to <route name>.mkr, where route name, without the <> is the name of the route. Then they should display when the markers are turned on in TSRE. I have never tried Eric's way but I guess you just copy all of the .kml files into the main directory of the route.
        Ass/u/me was a little trinket that every Southern Rwy. officer had to keep on his desk in Brosnan days. I was a minor officer. It was to remind us that if I assume something, then it makes an ass out of whoever I working with AND me.

J. H. Sullivan (landnrailroader)

Comment

Working...
        X