Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feather River Canyon Route

banner_routes_wp.jpg
    The 3DTrains Feather River Canyon route is now available for purchase and download from Trainsim.com

You can find the info and purchase link on our homepage, or from the file library's "New Files" display.
    Last edited by eric; 05-13-2024, 08:44 PM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Hi, Eric.
    Is this a new version of the Western Pacific FEATHER RIVER ROUTE v. 1.03, DVD from 3DTrains that I bought many years ago, or is the same version?
    If it is a new one, I will buy it.
    Thank you in advance and best regards.
    Mateus

Comment

Hi,
      The route on my DVD is v1.06, and, like magmateus, if the newly available version is later, I will purchase it

Cheers,
      Ged

Comment

The download is also v1.06
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Eric.
          It's a shame it's not a newer version
          Regards.
          Mateus

Comment

What's there is still better than version Not Available....

Comment

Which version was the lastest version 3dtrains had for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Unoriginal View Post
                Which version was the lastest version 3dtrains had for sale?
                The version that is now reavailable....1.06
                IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Okay I'll bite ( cuz I just don't or cannot keep track of the differences )

What's the difference between 1.00 and 1.06? I checked my notes in the route and it appears I started with a download from 3DTrains of 1.00 and then later installed 1.06 from a disk I received in the mail.

I did not note the differences, did in other routes, but neglected to do so in this case.
                  Cheers, Gerry
                  "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                  It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                  Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                  Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

What are the differences between version 1.00 and 1.06? HARD question to answer. FYI I was a Beta tester for WP3. I still have in my archives a file named: WP3_1_00_RC2.ZIP dated 12/14/2007. And another file named: WP3_1.00.ZIP dated 12/16/2007. i also have seven files labeled WP3_Update_MMDDYYYY.zip. Yes, no version # just dates. Two have the same date aand were probably combined. All were package as EXE files. The last WP3_Update file is dated 09/30/2008 so I assume it and the previous created V1.06.

I ran the v1.00 installer pointed to an empty folder. Then I rean the WP3_Update_0930080.ZIP pointer to another empty folder. These are my notes as to what I found as I compare what got installed:

Added Cam CFG for WP3

Updated several Caboose files, Loco files, and Sounds for Uboats.

Updates Shapes for some of the Zephyr stock.

Updated and added consists.

Updated PGE Cable ACT.

Updated WP__Textures.exe in DOCs folder.

Consists Updated

Paths, Services and Traffic for
                    AI_KTD_ORO_CZ
                    OROYd
                    ZephyrWB

Several shape, texture files added with file dates prior to V1.00

Several Tiles and World folder files updated.

If anyone bought V1.00 and did not get all the updates through 1.06 ​I recommend getting the newly released WP3 V1.06
                    Charles

Comment

Hi Eric,

After having done the necessary steps to end my current subscription (1st Class) and renew for a new one, I get the following message when attempting to dowload.
                      error.jpg
                      Thanks

Denis

Comment

Purchase of the Feather River set is separate from the yearly subscription

Comment

Originally posted by crstagg View Post
                          What are the differences between version 1.00 and 1.06? HARD question to answer. FYI I was a Beta tester for WP3
                          Charles, Thank you, answered my question. Beta testing the route must have been interesting.
                          Cheers, Gerry
                          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Comment

Originally posted by dgionet View Post
                            Hi Eric,
                            After having done the necessary steps to end my current subscription (1st Class) and renew for a new one, I get the following message when attempting to dowload.
                            Thanks Denis

Denis, As yellowdog posted purchase of the Feather River is separate from your TS Subscription. There was no need to cancel your existing TrainSim subscription, apologies for any confusion.
                            I am sure Eric will straighten out your TS subscription.

To Purchase the WP3 please go to this page, half way down are the purchasing instructions -- Also read the " To Install" instructions which has information about the Product Key.

On the Payment page @3DTrains Feather River Canyon Route​ --- in the Select box, choose US$30.00 and follow the instructions from there.
                            Last edited by R. Steele; 04-18-2024, 02:55 PM.
                            Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Eric had made the necessary corrections. Download done!

I Have the CD but just in case the CD gets old and cannot be read,better have a backup. Such an excellent route.

Thanks Eric!

Denis

Comment

Working...
                              X