Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trees & Track in Feather River Route

Hi there...

Picked up the Feather River route now that it is available again (Thank You Melanie).

I've attached a photo that shows trees on the tracks and different track textures that I see on the route when running in Open Rails 1.5.1

I know there is a statement I can add to the route's .trk file "ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )" but I'm not clear where in the .trk file this should be nor what the appropriate value should be.

Also, throughout the route there is a difference in track textures between straight tracks and curves.

I installed Feather River into its own "mini-install" and let it install Scalerail and TSection 38. Are there additional Scalerail files that I need to have the same textures throughout the route? Nothing about missing files or textures shows up in the OR log.

Thanks

Bert

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP3 Trees &amp; Tracks.png
Views:	1069
Size:	975.8 KB
ID:	2300495

For a fix for the trees, check out
    OR Conversion Kit For WP Feather River

File ID 85504​
    "Two "bonuses" are included. One is an OR physics update for the Western Pacific "Fab Four" set of F7As released by 3DTrains. The other is a simple OR update to the Feather River route to prevent trees from appearing on the tracks."

Comment

You have super-elevation turned on and OR is replacing the curves with Kuju-profiled dynamic track because you do not have the scalerail trackprofile in your route directory. If you did, the dynamic track curves would display properly in Scalerail profile.

Please see this thread on Elvas for the trackprofile for WP3. Its had 717 downloads so far.

Can you give me an example on where to add such a parameter on the .CON file? Does it crash with MSTS if such alteration is done? I thought the trai...
      My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Originally posted by bertwise View Post
        I know there is a statement I can add to the route's .trk file "ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )" but I'm not clear where in the .trk file this should be nor what the appropriate value should be.
        Just drop this OpenRails folder ( in attached zip ) into the WP3 route folder and it will adjust the trees off the track....higher the number = more distance. Include files always begin with a space as the first line.
        WP3.zip

Using the OpenRails folder will allow you run MSTS, if you so desire.

Otherwise if you wish to use the "ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )" parameter in the trk file, place it the end of the file before ending bracket, that should work.
        Attached Files
        Cheers, Gerry
        "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, your responses have cleared up these 2 issues for me. I did not know I had super-elevation on. I'll read and digest the referenced thread at Elvas more closely in a bit.

Gerry - before posting I had inserted the forest clear line in the .trk file close to the beginning of the file, it had no impact. Placing it at the end, based on your suggestion, worked. I don't run MSTS anymore so I have no need to use an include file in this instance.

Again, thanks

Bert

Comment

Bert, Happy to be of assistance. Enjoy the route, if you run activities there are many, many for the WP3.
            Cheers, Gerry
            "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
            Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
            Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Working...
            X