Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bananarama
    replied
    Final release v092508 is now available. Added additional groups and sizes, for a total count of 188 trees.

Leave a comment:

• nikos1
    replied
    Thanks Marc, ive downloaded them and will give them a look as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Bananarama
    replied
    Originally posted by nikos1 View Post
    If you could send the source files that would be great, my email is nikosjk1 at yahoo dot com
    Hi Nikos,

I've included a few 3DS Max and Photoshop source files in the latest (09.20.08) download. Let me know if you have questions regarding the included files.

Leave a comment:

• Bananarama
    replied
    They're approximately the correct size for their species. Another set, which includes larger trees (40'-60'), is in the works.

BTW, you can improve the looks by setting the multisampling in the RS startup options to a higher value (default is 0).

Leave a comment:

• JBrownCS
    replied
    I don't know if it's me or what but some of the objects in this pack seem a bit on the small size, especially the 'grove' objects and some of the stand alone trees. Screen shots are below.

Leave a comment:

• nikos1
    replied
    Hi marc,
    I do have 3Ds but i am not very experienced with it, id still like to take a look at the source files as i know of large number of TRS trees that i could could get into RS, with my own mesh and just use the TRS texture, with permission of course, which im pretty sure i could obtain.
    If you could send the source files that would be great, my email is nikosjk1 at yahoo dot com
    Here's a few shots to show my appreciation of these items

Leave a comment:

• Bananarama
    replied
    Thanks for the comments on the set. I've got a few more planned, including a Rural II and Urban pack.

Originally posted by nikos1 View Post
    A small question, can these items be reskinned and redistributed? Ive been looking for some good tree meshes to skin but until recently its been hard to find any good ones.
    No, but I can provide a set of source models to use if you think that's help. Do you have 3DS Max? If not, then I can look into ways of providing a basic shape to use for your own textures. I'm afraid the shapes and textures in the set, however, need to remain intact.

Leave a comment:

• nikos1
    replied
    Excellent work Marc, i gave them a quick test and they look superb, i was a little worried that the flat trees would not give as much of a impression of a forest as solid cruciform trees but thankfully i was wrong, the tree groups will really speed up forestation of my routes and i like the inclusion of sloped groups. Thank you for your approach to this situation, the choice between freeware and payware really helps. The freeware versions are impressive as is, but i think i will be saving my penny's for the hi res textures and the RSDL foliage pack.
    A small question, can these items be reskinned and redistributed? Ive been looking for some good tree meshes to skin but until recently its been hard to find any good ones.

Leave a comment:

• 3DTrains: Rural Landscapes Freeware Edition Available

3DTrains Rural Landscapes for EA Rail Simulator is now available!

All files can be downloaded from the RS Downloads sub forum section in the EA Rail Simulator forum at 3DTrains.com (forum registration required).

We hope that you enjoy the texture set. Please let us know if you run into any issues with the files.
Working...
X