X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update04 Dated 8.24 is out for Run8

Update 04 dated 8.24 is out for download.
    Last edited by westerngy; 09-01-2022, 11:51 AM.
    Work Safe play hard

The latest pack downloaded / installed fine.
    Sadly 04 update unable to download keeps being blocked by MS Edge, the notice disappears so fast unable to catch more. I've turned off Norton temp. All the features of Edge are grayed out thus unable to make changes should they be needed.
    Open to ideas suggestions. I tried going thru Google Chrome, with same result, no download of update 04

Update:
    Perhaps was a temp bug from Run8 end, as, I just used your link, &, downloads fine, meanwhile, when I try the link on the Run8 page it still becomes blocked.

Comment

I got it from Run8 site earlier no problem Scott.

Did you check if the file had downloaded Scott. As you do not get an indication that it has.

Mike.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
        I got it from Run8 site earlier no problem Scott.

Did you check if the file had downloaded Scott. As you do not get an indication that it has.

Mike.
        Using the link westerngy provided works fine, just for the hell of it a short time ago I tried clicking the spot at the main site, when it begins to download the 04-update it's met with a very quick message MS Edge has blocked the threat & has removed as well. Doesn't even give an option to let thru, like others of the distant past at times.

I went over to my Google browser, with same result as using the MS browser.

Anyways long as the link here at TS got the job done, I feel well.

Comment

There is mention in the change notes about cab view and jerkiness so I will give this a shot later, see if it has improved things.
          Vern.

Comment

MS Edge Scott, i never use it sorry buddy so no idea what is happening there.

Firefox grabbed the file from R8 site, no problem at all buddy.

Mike.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Where are the change notes for v4 Vern. I don't want to install as yet. But would be good to read what is in the update.

Mike.
              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Where are the change notes for v4 Vern. I don't want to install as yet. But would be good to read what is in the update.

Mike.
                Try this...
                Vern.

Comment

Spot on Vern, that did the trick. Thanks very much buddy.

No speed trees then

I watched a vid on YT of the new Roseville Sub. If it wasn't for the really bad jaggies along some of the terrain. I would have purchased it.

Mike.
                  Yma O Hyd

Comment

I was in last night updating my fake industries to get ready to run this weekend. Was pleasantly surprised by the new tone when a train spawns in.

Thanks

Sean
                    Discord https://discord.gg/zfxTBbnu3K
                    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS
                    sigpic

Comment

I know nothing about industries, or train tags i think it's called. Looked at the instructions once, but seemed way too difficult and like way to much work to bother. I just make a train and run end to end, when it's installed.

Mike.
                      Yma O Hyd

Comment

I know nothing about industries, or train tags i think it's called. Looked at the instructions once, but seemed way too difficult and like way to much work to bother. I just make a train and run end to end, when it's installed.

Mike.
                        Gosh Mike, If I can setup the many features, you should have little trouble. lol. Am I detecting a little laziness?.

With this latest update & the usual "I Just Have To Know & Have It" grabbed my copy of RV. I really don't know what all the fuss is about trees being cardboard like, whatever it's called. I believe the looks of the entire setup much nicer, trees very realistic as well. I believe the looks of the operating world overall right up there alongside the SE. Honestly, I prefer the ops over looks anyways, the "Other Games" are for that "Prettiness". Leave the "OPs" for the pros if you will. Besides too much "Prettiness" comes at a cost pc wise. A nice balance of both worlds seems to fit well. hell, doesn't matter too much from my end anyways. How many of the Run8ers find themselves calling cats (that don't exist) at the edge of the Woodline & becoming "Stumped". "Here Pretty Kitty Kitty".

Comment

Too much information to take in Scott, i'm afraid. I have a world save or whatever it's called. That i downloaded from somewhere, called "Very Populated Socal v3". Which places a ton of AI on the route at the start. So that keeps me happy with a bit of passing scenery. Takes my mind off the cardboard trees, hahahahahahaha.

Yup looks and eye candy certainly are not everything, but MSTS quality trees in 2022 just do not cut it.

What's with all this cat's calling. Me no comprende hombre

Mike.
                          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Too much information to take in Scott, i'm afraid. I have a world save or whatever it's called. That i downloaded from somewhere, called "Very Populated Socal v3". Which places a ton of AI on the route at the start. So that keeps me happy with a bit of passing scenery. Takes my mind off the cardboard trees, hahahahahahaha.

Yup looks and eye candy certainly are not everything, but MSTS quality trees in 2022 just do not cut it.

What's with all this cat's calling. Me no comprende hombre

Mike.

and just think Mike if you want to get stuck in a loop never save that populated one and you can start again....automatic reset button and if you don't save it go to the Auto Saves World and grab the last timed one and save that for moving forward into a new realm....lol
                            Work Safe play hard

Comment

Dave is it, sorry for not knowing. I don't even understand the three different saves buddy, world, train and another i cannot remember. But i do believe you are winding me up, hahahahahahaha.

Mike.
                              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Working...
                              X