Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a Run8 V4 Wish list what would it look like

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'd like to have the opportunity to buy some merch. Like a giant thermal coffee mug with a Run 8 logo...mousepad would be cool...neoprene beer can holders for those wild Tehachapi nights...
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8 and TSW4

    Comment


      Originally posted by Leaf85 View Post
      I'd like to have the opportunity to buy some merch. Like a giant thermal coffee mug with a Run 8 logo...mousepad would be cool...neoprene beer can holders for those wild Tehachapi nights...
      Now this I would like! I think they used to have stuff like this in the very early days - I'd have to guess that it sold well initially and the eventually everyone who wanted a Run8 mug got thiers.
      Fast forward a few years and there are so many new players, I think this would be a neat thing to offer again!

      Comment


        Hi,

        Thank you for writing. I'm still scratching my head, and beginning to think my V3 is cursed. I wonder--Would I get a different result if it was a post-V2 purchase? My "open-hopper pack 1 installs via this path: C:\Run8Studios\Run8 Train Simulator V3

        Maybe the pack gets confused; like me. I've also noted a few oddities: I have not one; but two "Run8Studio" folders appearing when I select a different installation pathway. Where did that come from?? Maybe I should uninstall it. BTW--How do I catch the "repair" mode? I've never seen it. Does it spring into action by itself?

        Appreciate your replies.

        Brian​

        Comment


          Hello Northern Warrior!

          Thank you--I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. I do find it "can be very confusing and sometimes downright frustrating." I'm going in circles; wondering what I'm missing. It should be simple, and painless.

          Brian

          Comment


            You do not need to have V2 installed. Too install routes or rolling stock to v3. Just use the hack that John told me to use on the release day of v3.
            As far as i know it is widely known about in the R8 community. Create a txt file and name it Run-8 Train Simulator V2.txt. Re-name the file extension to .exe and paste it into your main R8 folder. Makes all the installers think you have v2 installed.

            Mike.
            Yma O Hyd

            Comment


              Still more complicated than it needs to be though Mike. I don't know of any other game which doesn't offer a seamless installer. Messing around to get mods in is one thing, but not stuff you purchased from the developer/vendor!
              Vern.

              Comment


                Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
                Create a txt file and name it Run-8 Train Simulator V2.txt. Re-name the file extension to .exe and paste it into your main R8 folder. Makes all the installers think you have v2 installed.
                That's it. That's what was needed to be done to "fool" the install on older content. I think I had to do that once or twice before. I knew you had to make a V2 copy of something....Unfortunately, routes are different altogether. They need to be integrated into the Run8 files by doing a "re-install" of the sim which triggers a "flash repair". This "repair" does not over-write config files, but it does add and or re-write xml files. The Updater does and can over-write config files if they're there in the update itself. Months ago, there was a route update in Roseville. It over-wrote my AISpecialLocation.r8 file which replaced my saved hump configuration. The only saving grace was that I had done a backup (External Assistant) of my content files to restore my hump config. I will agree that these methods are "archaic" and from a bygone era. I will also agree it is more complicated than it needs to be. Like I said....they are aware.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by comet61 View Post
                  ....Like I said....they are aware.
                  They've been "aware" for several years and yet we continue with this outdated method.

                  IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                    Still more complicated than it needs to be though Mike. I don't know of any other game which doesn't offer a seamless installer. Messing around to get mods in is one thing, but not stuff you purchased from the developer/vendor!
                    Just trying to be helpful Boo Boo. Yogi is smarter than the average bear 😁.
                    Yma O Hyd

                    Comment


                      Good Lord, Mike.....have you abandoned your Welsh heritage and moved to Disneyland?!
                      IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                        .have you abandoned your Welsh heritage and moved to Disneyland?!
                        No....Jellystone. 😁

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by comet61 View Post
                          No....Jellystone. 😁
                          Sorry, but I'm not familiar with any connection between Disneyland, Mickey Mouse and Jellystone. Yogi Bear wasn't a Disney character.

                          IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                            Good Lord, Mike.....have you abandoned your Welsh heritage and moved to Disneyland?!
                            Mickey Mouse is cool Bruce. Don't you remember the Sorcerer's Apprentice​ and Fantasia films ? Yogi was Hanna Barbera.

                            Mike.
                            Yma O Hyd

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post

                              Mickey Mouse is cool Bruce. Don't you remember the Sorcerer's Apprentice​ and Fantasia films ? Yogi was Hanna Barbera.

                              Mike.
                              Yeah, I know Yogi was Hanna Barbera but I don't think the other bloke did.
                              Certainly I remember Micky in the Fantasia movie but I'm curious as to why, after so long, you've dropped Wales in favour of Mickey??

                              IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

                              Comment


                                Hahahahaha, no i don't think so. I haven't dropped Wales buddy. My avatar was the British Railways roundal crest Bruce.
                                Always liked Mikey from when i was very young. Just something iconic about his image.

                                Mike.
                                Yma O Hyd

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X