Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conrail Indy, one of my fave routes in MSTS.
    Yma O Hyd

Comment

NS Chicago Line Chicago to Buffalo,NY

Comment

Another one i would like to see in R8 is Whitefish to Seattle. Same as the merged route for TSC.
        Yma O Hyd

Comment

How about Aberdeen Carolina and Western short line in North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Rance28 View Post
            Biased here, but I would like them to do Metrolink's Valley Sub, Palmdale to LATC. How they have been fixing some of the issues between Acton and Lancaster makes me excited. However, I understand how tedious making routes are, particularly for scenery in urban areas as from setting up terrain to placing everything down took me ~4 hours per mile in Open Rails, but I would be happy with anything in Socal. Also, for Norcal, the Martinez Sub sounds like an amazing idea.

I like the idea of a roadmap, but I understand they like to keep to themselves, and that's fine with me. And I agree, their strength is multiple connected routes and I am very curious about the plans behind Norcal and the Northeast. But it will probably take a while though as route creation is just such a long tedious process.
            Think I may also have requested this. Obviously you can do it now in TSW with the Antelope Valley route but it is very much passenger oriented. The scenery of Soledad Canyon and the spectacular emergence from the tunnel under the motorway intersection is also very nice. But a Run 8 version of the route integrated into SoCal such that you can bring the loaded Oil Cans from Bakersfield down to LA that way would make it Day One purchase for me. Again as discussed we would need some Metrolink consists either the newer F125 (again very good in TSW) or the MP36 with a rake of Gallery cars and cab car to go with it.
            Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
              What distance limits are reasonable?
              I was doing 220+ miles with the A Line and Fitz but TBH these are taking way to long to do, I think 100 miles is manageable
              Jason Webb
              HyRail Simulations
              https://www.hyrailsimulations.net

Comment

I agree... Trackwork itself is easy but scenery is another story. I figure mile per week is what I've been able to maintain on my own projects. That includes time to build trackside models and other structures needed to make an OK route better. So 100 miles is really close to a two year project...
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

first Half of the NS Chicago Line From Chicago,IL to Toledo,OH was that like 250 Miles?

Comment

Not sure, but it would be neat to see all these lines converge in Chicago - maybe in 20 years if AI makes that kind of thing possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X