Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Run 8 v3-v4 Rolling stock, power (incl. historic)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishlist for Run 8 v3-v4 Rolling stock, power (incl. historic)

I thought I'd throw this out there since there isn't a current rolling stock/power suggestion thread. I put v3 and the (?)future v4 in the title just in case the team have the desire to add more to V3. Anyway, I'd love to see some cab forward SP engines for Roseville Sub, and at the hope-ium filled speculation end of the spectrum, would love to see a Challenger or Big Boy available (even if a heritage unit ^.^).

Kind regards,
    Dave
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8 and TSW3

Ill start. As far as big road power. I would like to see more AC power. AC44s and SD70MACs (M as well to not leave out UP) would serve our UP and CSX lines well. Id also love to have a proper AC Gevo.
    As far as smaller power, Id love GP38-2s or GP60s.

Comment

I would wish that Run8 had a "legacy" version. In the present sim, they could, theoretically, create "Excursion" routes such as Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (RBMN), which is also a Class II RR and they have annual excursions with their older steam/stock. Let's not forget narrow gauge like Durango & Silverton as an example. Having Cab Forwards on Donner would be nice, but the route would need to, in my opinion, reflect the era concerning track layout since that area has changed radically in the past 30 years.

Comment

SW1200/1500's are asked about quite a bit - There's a nice opportunity here since they were used by the big railroads originally, and then many found their way to smaller railroads.
        This would mean an SW1200 model could be released with multiple paint schemes, all the big railroads, but also Amtrak / Caltrain and some of the various short lines out there.

Metrolink It would be great to have the cars / engines needed to replicate this service in the south west!
        Last edited by TrainSimJack; 03-21-2024, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Diesel wise, we definitely need a proper switcher.

Anything Alco would be very welcome.

And if they're confident they can do it properly - steam traction. Maybe start small with a Mogul or Consolidation but who wouldn't want to take a Big Boy across the SoCal route.

We also need more passenger equipment particularly on the SoCal route where Metrolink is present on much of it (and for sure if we ever get AVL/Soledad Canyon). Either the older Baby Bullet style locos or the newer F125's and the gallery plus cab cars to go with them.
          Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
            who wouldn't want to take a Big Boy across the SoCal route.
            Me...................🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by comet61 View Post
              I would wish that Run8 had a "legacy" version.
              Yeah, I think it's a bit weird how Seligman is 2017, but Cajon is 80s/90s. Maybe they can have a "legacy" version so that you can either run a modern or an older version of Seligman and Cajon. However, I think this is way too much to do for anything else.

Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post
              Metrolink It would be great to have the cars / engines needed to replicate this service in the south west!
              Absolutely, it would help add some life to the San Bernardino Sub. Probably should do an MP36 and Bombardiers so that they can do a Metrolink/Sunrail pack (the MP32ph-q can be done by merging a GP40 & MP36) and have models for future commuters like New Mexico Rail Runner.

Comment

Working...
              X