X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTTO Acting A Bit Odd?

Posted this at The Depot but probably worth repeating here. Also I think there are more people officially involved with R8 who read and post here…

Couple of evenings ago working a local back from Saco off the SP line into the SVJR Yard at Bakersfield. Approaching on the eastbound SP Main I had taken local control (blue on DS screen) of the points at Kern Junction and reversed these to access the hand points into the yard reception track. However approaching with my train, noted the signal protecting Kern Jn displaying a high green. OTTO had reset the points to normal and routed me along the main towards Sandcut. Had to temporarily take OTTO off line to put the junction back as required.

If I have control of the points, OTTO should not be taking it back. Best case scenario is a wrong routing, worst case a collision or derailment, if the player didn’t recheck the alignment.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if not whether possibly a bug that crept in with Update 14? I don’t want to pester JG unnecessarily.
    Vern.

Not noticed anything like that, Vern. Sorry m8. May well be because I rarely move industry locals and haven't ever messed around with the MTOW stuff either.
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8 and TSW4

Comment

Hi Vern. Here is the best starting point when you find an issue. The programmer looks at these report tickets daily as he very seldom visits all the website.

Work Safe play hard

Comment

If it happens again Dale, I’ll use that link. Thanks.
        Vern.

Comment

Working...
        X