Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NS Horseshoe Pittsburgh East

Work Safe play hard

Very nice, still do not like some of those flat sided trees though. Like something out of MSTS.
    Yma O Hyd

Comment

Well considering the difference between what Run8 V1 to Run8 V2 to Run8 V3 looked like I would say each version has gotten better and just think at least Run8 listens to it's customers and oh right one programmer that has done wonders.
      Work Safe play hard

Comment

I don't disagree with anything you say. But i still stand by what i say, some of the tree models look dated.

Mike.
        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
          Very nice, still do not like some of those flat sided trees though. Like something out of MSTS.
          The tree's don't bother me that much, but I would love to see snow on them in the winter.

There are some cheap tools nowadays for generating trees - SpeedTree Alternatives: Top 10 3D Modelers and similar apps | AlternativeTo

Maybe this would end up being an easier task than it seems at first glance?
          Last edited by TrainSimJack; 09-05-2023, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Very nice indeed, get some speedtrees and it would be perfect.

Yma O Hyd

Comment

I think that's the reason I tend to stick with California.....the heavily-forested areas depicted in R8, such as Horseshoe and Florida, look somewhat odd these days.
              IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Agree Bruce, i am just running under AI to have a look at the route. Might even uninstall R8, once i have been end to end.

Mike.
                Yma O Hyd

Comment

Got to agree re the trees. Really needs bringing up to date though of course the conundrum for the team now is if they switched to a more modern game engine such as Unity or UE then there needs to be some way of bringing the content across. And the more routes they keep on releasing, the bigger a problem they are storing up in that respect.

I know the mod(s) don’t like us mentioning other sims in R8 topics, but just look at how relatively easy it is going to be able to create routes in the new TSW editor, which supports hires LIDAR DEM data and up to date 3D models. R8 in serious danger of getting left behind unless they at least start to address the dated appearance and other missing aspects.
                  Vern.

Comment

Yeah all good points Vern. But i must add that at least John and the team don't tell lies. None of this DTG & N3V bull, where they would say. Well we are looking at the trees\vegetation and maybe somewhere down the line, we will do something about it.

Run8Studios, these are the trees, this is the graphics. If you don't like it we are sorry but maybe go play something else.

Much prefer to be told how it is, than lied too, Vern.

Mike.
                    Yma O Hyd

Comment

......Run8Studios, these are the trees, this is the graphics. If you don't like it we are sorry but maybe go play something else.

Much prefer to be told how it is, than lied too, Vern.

Mike.
                      One positive is that R8 Studios doesn't dish out hype. What you are told is what you get.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                        One positive is that R8 Studios doesn't dish out hype. What you are told is what you get.
                        True Bruce, but there still comes a point at which you wish things could look like the 2020’s era of gaming, rather than the 2000’s…
                        Vern.

Comment

Oh, most definitely, Vern. I agree completely.
                          Imagine how "Starfield" would have been received this week if Bethesda had said that the graphics were the same as "Fallout 4". 🙁

Comment

Well i wish everything still looked like Dizzy, on the Amstrad 464.
                            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Well i wish everything still looked like Dizzy, on the Amstrad 464.
                              I remember F16 Combat Pilot on the Amiga. Hills were symmetrical pyramids!
                              Vern.

Comment

Working...
                              X