X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric View Post
    Which version of tsre is requiring compatibility mode?
    I was having this issue with 0.8003, as well as 0.7005 -- I have tried this fix (briefly) with 0.8003e only.

Comment

I have used the Compatibility Troubleshooter on TSRE5.exe, and I believe I have fixed the issue where TSRE Activity Tool becomes unresponsive after a couple of minutes. The magic setting appears to be "Run in compatibility mode for Windows 8".
      Well. it seems I was too hasty in declaring a fix to this issue -- It is still happening, but TSRE Activity Tool runs a bit longer before the camera becomes stuck.

Comment

8.003e has a feature that locks the camera elevation, if that's what you're experiencing.

Activity editor hasn't been touched. Camera is untouched in 8.002.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
          8.003e has a feature that locks the camera elevation, if that's what you're experiencing.

Activity editor hasn't been touched. Camera is untouched in 8.002.
          I have this issue with v0.7005 as well as v0.8003 and it's not just the Activity Tool -- TSRE runs on my backup computer (an old Windows 10 laptop) but becomes "crippled" after running for a few minutes on my Windows 11 laptop, even if it is the only thing running on my system. I have tried to eliminate all other factors by doing all of the following things:

Shutdwon Windows completely.
          Turn on the computer.
          The e-mail client (Thunderbird) starts up automatically, so I close this program.
          Disconnect from the Wi-Fi.
          Turn off the Wi-Fi adaptor.
          Turn on Airplane mode.
          Set "Do Not Disturb".
          Start "Focus Session".
          Start TSRE (do not select Activity tool).

After a few minutes, the screen goes blank for about 1/2 second.
          From this point on, the camera viewpoint does not respond to mouse or cursor keys.
          Drop-down menus can be opened, but not respond (for example, in the NAVI window, I can open the Sidings drop-down menu, and select an item, but clicking on the :Jump " button does nothing). Other menu items can be opened, but do not respond.

I usually select the Activity Tool soon after starting TSRE, and experience this issue a few minutes later, but it happens even when the Activity Tool has not been selected.

Comment

Ok, then it's not TSRE. There's another mismatched or flawed driver. Your Graphics driver might require 23H2 and need to be rolled back as well.
            If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X