X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New power on the NBSR

I was pleasantly surprised last night when I showed up, saw this ex NS GP40 third out on CP's 120 job switching in Brownville Jct. Eventually we would be taking this unit east with our own power, once CP was done switching out there CP blocks.

-Shawn K-
    Derby Rail Shops
    Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Good lookin' geep, Shawn. Fresh from the paint shop?
    Cheers, Gerry
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Look'n good... Maine railroads kind of lost me when they stopped with the Harvest Yellow and Pine Tree Green scheme - had to be one of the classiest I've ever seen.

Brownville - "The way life should be".

You guys ever see that Allagash model railroad? Reminds me of the area around Brownsville.

Pretty impressive for a "modern line" - - - YouTube: https://youtu.be/RSmijDpBIts

Regards,
      Scott
      Last edited by scottb613; 04-07-2023, 06:01 PM.
      <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Gerry, correct. Was painted about a month or so ago up at the CAD facility in Montreal.

Scott, I have to agree. Harvest Gold and Pine tree green was one of the greatest schemes in New England, along side the Bangor & Aroostooks tri color scheme before Iron Roads took over.

But, NBSR's scheme isn't too far behind.
        -Shawn K-
        Derby Rail Shops
        Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Working...
        X