X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Nemo Again

We are a step closer to being land owners in TN... we made an offer this week, and have to work out the particulars... but it's definitely a piece of land that any railfan would love to have.

It sits adjacent to the NS deeded property above Tunnel 24 in Nemo, so on today's adventures, we stopped by to say hi to the neighbors.

New Tunnel 24 South Side

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240427_100721.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.2 KB ID:	2301722

New Tunnel 14 North Side

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240427_234537_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.1 KB ID:	2301724

Maybe Jerry or someone else can explain, but why are the portals different shapes? It looks like the south end was cut by a TBM with ventilation or crew escape walkways on either side, yet the north side is a classic profile...

Old Tunnel 24 South Side

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240427_100953.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	2301723

The old tunnel I've described before, and we've ridden the ATV thru it many times. Not today, though. This time of year, the water is a bit too deep for my comfort. Three month from now it'll be much easier to ride thru.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Eric good luck on your pending move. We'll be signing a lease on our new homestead later in the week, in Fort Myers, Fl. Two more New Yorkers moving to Florida. ( No more snow!!! 😁 and icy cold 🌬🌬 ).
    Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
    It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

that called the rathole eric. the route starts in danville kentucky and continues to chattanooga tenneessee. the route should be around 170 miles long i think

Comment

Good luck! I made several trips through there back when I was riding trains for the Government. Best job I ever had.

Comment

Up and about 600 feet to the left. That'll be our off-grid hideaway...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X