X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pula - Lupoglav (Croatia) Cabride

Pula - Lupoglav (Croatia). Diesel again, probably hydraulic transmission. Nice rural run on what looks to be a recently re-laid track bed and other work, for most of the run.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Nice find. Old Swedish Y1 railcar if I'm not mistaken. Spent a fair bit of time in the early 80s on those covering many of the Swedish rural lines.
    Vern.

Comment

Just looked it up Vern, i didn't have a clue. I was spot on about it being hydraulic though, from the sounds in cab.

You like to get about a bit then Vern ?

Mike.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
        Just looked it up Vern, i didn't have a clue. I was spot on about it being hydraulic though, from the sounds in cab.

You like to get about a bit then Vern ?

Mike.
        Back then yes (had to use those European free coupons!).
        Vern.

Comment

What were they then Vern ?

Mike.
          Yma O Hyd

Comment

The coupons - rail staff free travel in European countries.

The Y1's were built by Fiat, of all people, updated version of the ALN668 (I think) railcars they built for FS.
            Vern.

Comment

Oh right never used those, loads of places i have never been in Wales Vern. Never mind the rest of the UK.

Now i know what an ALN668 is from MSTS i think it was. Used to be some good Italian routes, by the standards of MSTS.

My favourites were the articulated lecky's. There is a really good Italian freeware route for TSC, but i cannot remember the name or where i downloaded it from. That also has some of the articulated loco's.

Mike.
              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Working...
              X