X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canberra to Sydney - 42 Class diesel-electric cabview

Uploaded a day ago......a 4K cabview in a light-engine preserved 421 Class locomotive from Canberra to Chullora Junction in Sydney's west.

This is a route I travelled many times in the mid-to-late 80s but never had the chance to see it from this viewpoint.

Last edited by seagoon; 02-03-2024, 03:07 PM. Reason: This is a 421 Class....double cabs. A mod of the 42 Class.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Interesting to watch. I'm familiar with the Bargo - Tahmoor - Picton area but have never travelled on that line. I did see the branch lline form Thirlmere merge with the line to Picton. I have, many years ago, travelled from Picton to Thirlmere per steam train. Thanks for posting. Regards, Robert Wouters - the Netherlands.

Comment

My pleasure, Robert and I trust that your visit Down Here was enjoyable.

I was with the Canberra branch of the rail historical society for a couple of years before leaving the city and I'm sure that the loco featured here is one which I helped clean one Saturday!
      It's in what was known as the NSWGR's "Candy Stripe" livery....one of the most attractive, in my opinion.
      IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Nice one Bruce, only just seen this. Not a bad length either .

Thanks very much for the heads up.

Mike.
        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Good stuff, Mike. Glad you liked it.
          Yeah...it's pretty long but as the bloke advised in his post, they were not a priority movement and were stuck behind the "garbage" train returning to Sydney.
          The waste is dumped in an old open-cut copper mine - which was still an operating mine when we went to Canberra in 1984. I think it finished in the late 1990s.
          Last edited by seagoon; 02-05-2024, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Yes Bruce thank you, the longer the better. Think i may have heard that before, maybe my ex-wife .

Not very planet friendly, buddy. Dumping rubbish in an open cast mine .

Mike.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
              ......Not very planet friendly, buddy. Dumping rubbish in an open cast mine .

Mike.
              It's a bio-fuel system, Mike. One of the largest on the planet.
              In Tarago Australia is using the Woodlawn Bioreactor - a facility designed to recover waste resources from putrescible waste and turn it into clean energy.

Comment

Working...
              X