Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the Railyard Returns

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    At the Railyard Returns

    I was searching through youtube last night and this popped up as a recommended video. It is Nick and he is doing a review of the new Train Simulation's Shasta Route. It was posted 4 days ago.

    Pacific Northwest Railfan

    #2
    Thanks for posting this. I always enjoyed his reviews.

    Comment


      #3
      Very well done video, takes considerable time, effort, and skill to make such a professional presentation. But the pronunciation of "Shasta" would not pass muster in Shasta County, California.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

      Comment


        #4
        Extremely glad to see this especially for open rails, even if it may be a one time thing.

        Wonder why it got 99% instead of 100%.

        Comment


          #5
          Totally lost track of Nick (no pun intended)! great job reviewing the Shasta route.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Rick Franzosa - ZosaTrains
          http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/Sales.htm

          Comment


            #6
            Can't recall exactly when. ...... I think I read within the last 6 months Nick was going to resume his show.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
              Very well done video, takes considerable time, effort, and skill to make such a professional presentation. But the pronunciation of "Shasta" would not pass muster in Shasta County, California.
              It wouldn't pass in K-Falls either. My father was raised there, heard lots of stories including stories about the Shasta Daylight.
              Pacific Northwest Railfan

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Unoriginal View Post
                Extremely glad to see this especially for open rails, even if it may be a one time thing.

                Wonder why it got 99% instead of 100%.
                Well he did say, he wished the trees in the forest were more three dimensional and that he would have liked to have seen 3d cabviews I would guess those are the reason for the 99% out of 100%
                Pacific Northwest Railfan

                Comment


                  #9

                  Thank you all for watching the review. I'm glad there's still an audience for these videos. Please accept my apologies for mispronouncing "Shasta".


                  Originally posted by jdgremsjr View Post

                  Well he did say, he wished the trees in the forest were more three dimensional and that he would have liked to have seen 3d cabviews I would guess those are the reason for the 99% out of 100%
                  It's the lack of 3D cabviews. As I see it, the trees are a limitation of Open Rails, thus not something that can be improved in the route building process.



                  Originally posted by rt35ge View Post
                  Can't recall exactly when. ...... I think I read within the last 6 months Nick was going to resume his show.

                  I'm not sure where you would have read that, as I don't recall typing it anywhere online. I don't foresee ever returning to regularly creating these, but as the spirit moves me I may revisit the show from time to time.
                  Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
                    Thank you all for watching the review. I'm glad there's still an audience for these videos. Please accept my apologies for mispronouncing "Shasta".....
                    Nick, the second after I posted that, I almost deleted it...felt it was picky, given the rest of the video was first class work, but it was jarring hearing it.
                    My apologies, however, when I visited friends who live in Moscow Idaho and I pronounced the name as if it was the capital city of Russia...believe me...I heard about it. 😄
                    Cheers, Gerry
                    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Train-a-Mania Jut glad to see you are out there and doing this. There has been many imitators but, you are truly the original and I was excited to see a new video from you. It just popped on my recommended videos, it was quite the surprise.
                      Last edited by jdgremsjr; 11-09-2023, 09:11 AM.
                      Pacific Northwest Railfan

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This is a nice surprise indeed! Thanks Nick.

                        7Idea Productions has just uploaded a full video on the real-life Shasta Route as well by the way! 😁

                        Big trains in breathtaking mountain scenery!Originally released on DVD in 2016, follow Union Pacific trains over the former SP main line from Redding, Califo...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X