X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Mike.
    One thing is that I don't do multiplayer.......can't stand it. Well-programmed bots are okay by me.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Not your cup of tea I assume, it's that and the other factors as well.

Comment

I don't do MP in any games Bruce, except SimRail. But even in that all chat and txt communications are turned off.

Mike.
        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Have you tried playing MP games with friends- oh wait, I don't think you would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever2006 View Post
            Have you tried playing MP games with friends- oh wait, I don't think you would have.
            That is bloody rude.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

i didnt get reponse about division 3 that its coming out next year. i was hoping yall will be excited my friends no one responed to my comment of tom clancy's division 3

Comment

Sorry Jdark34 i am not a fan of Tom Clancy games. I prefer WW1 and WW2 shooters and RTS games buddy.

Mike.
                  Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                    I am now into 13,000+ hours with Fallout 4.
                    Just call me pathetic!
                    Wow!

Comment

Hi Folks,

Anyone use ArmA?

While ArmA encompasses anything from WWI to Modern Combat - I'm stuck on SOG Prairie Fire.

California Dreamer

Regards,
                      Scott
                      Last edited by scottb613; 07-11-2024, 05:24 PM.
                      <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a> My Blender Models

Comment

Never played it sorry Scott, i always thought Arma was modern warfare.

Mike.
                        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
                          Never played it sorry Scott, i always thought Arma was modern warfare.

Mike.
                          Hi Mike,

No worries - I've been messing with it from the first versions in the early 2K's - it's a "sandbox" game - so it can be whatever you want. The learning curve is pretty high to get the most out of it. The best stuff is always made by 3rd party community members - which the company absolutely embraces.

My video card went tits up a while back - so I haven't been doing much of anything lately - running off my MOBO graphics - just got around to ordering a new card this week.

Regards,
                          Scott
                          <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a> My Blender Models

Comment

Scott, I've played the ARMA series (1 through 3).....haven't had it on my PC for some years now. The last version I played was ARMA 2 with the DayZ mod.
                            IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                              Scott, I've played the ARMA series (1 through 3).....haven't had it on my PC for some years now. The last version I played was ARMA 2 with the DayZ mod.
                              Hi Bruce,

Yep - the Zombie mods seem to be very popular - there's plenty of vids out there. Honestly - I haven't tried it.

The vanilla/default ArmA III lost me when they went fictional with the near future time period setting. I have to run one of the complete addon mods - whether WWII, Vietnam, Cold War, or Modern. The SOG Prairie Fire Payware is a carry over and much more complete rendition of the old "Unsung" freeware mod. It's unbelievable how much period content they've included in their payware pack - it's a true labor of love.

I spend my time in Single Player - with one of the mods used to populate maps with troops - so you never know where or when the enemy will pop up. I find it pretty darn immersive and suspenseful. It's a hoot commanding your own platoon - with SOG AI (Freeware) your AI guys are finally useful. Running through the jungle - watch out for the punji traps.

I'm a huge fan of the Air Assault missions.

GImme Freedom

Regards,
                              Scott

Comment

have yall played walking dead: surival instant.

Comment

Working...
                                X