Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineer shot

Default Engineer shot

I just saw this on the news here in Toledo, Ohio. A Norfolk and Southern engineer was coming into the Toledo, Ohio yard at a slow speed. While passing under a foot bridge, he heard 6 shots, and a bullet when past his head and hit the engineer in the shoulder. The engineer is doing fine. It's a sad world when people shoot at other people just for fun.
    Patrick

Norfolk Southern, RCO Conductor, Lake Division

chicagorail Guest

Default RE: Engineer shot

shooting people for absolutly no reason like that is a true sign of complete stupidity. Is anything safe anymore?

Unfortunately jerks like that are very common. About 30 years ago I was coming home from work on the Lake St. EL, and passing the projects near Ashland one of the windows exploded showering glass all over the inside of the car. I dunno where the bullet went, but being late at night the rush hour was over, so there weren't very many of us on the train, and nobody got hurt. My favorite was when I was a kid, we were out at the forest preserves under the C&NW trestle across the Des Plaines River, and there were some other kids there throwing rocks at the passing trains. One of them whipped a rock across the river which hit the front end of a car, and with the richochet from the train's motion the rock came sailing back across the river in a high arc and nailed the punk that threw it right between the eyes. Who says there is no god?!

chicagorail Guest

haha stupid kids know who the boss is now.

>haha stupid kids know who the
    >boss is now.

LOL
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

At one time in New York City, a few decades ago, It was considered great sport in "certain" neighborhoods to set fire to a building, then heave rocks and other lethal objects off adjacent roofs at the firemen when they arrived on the scene. No single city has a monopoly on sociopathic vermin.

Anthony

Luckily the US has had the sense to keep the death penalty

Yep it doesn't appear to be much of a deterent! Possibly because the people who warrant it are either sociopaths (no conscience or redeeming social value at all) or "on a mission to be a martyr" or do it in a flash of uncontrollable anger or rage!
    But it satisfies the societies "thurst for revenge", closure for victims' families and more importantly removes some really "bad/defective" people from the Gene Pool! (takes them off the street permanently and removes their "Breeding Option")

Plus as a taxpayer I note it is significantly less expensive than life long incarceration!

------Chuck Schneider---------
    [Link Expired]
    -----"Power for You"-------
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works

slm Guest

Well, at least us English don't get stupid things like that, might be cos we've got more sense, but I think we should have kept the death penalty, but only to be given for murder, or betrayal, depending on how bad it is.

hiya
    slm

buffy500 Guest

I'm not so sure we're more sensible....plenty of retarded jerks about. Try going out with your local Police on a weekend evening.
    Maybe we are not as bad as some parts othe US yet, but I'm sure we will get there soon.