Thread: FYI, Highball Productions Releases Winter On Marias Pass (VHS/DVD)

Default FYI, Highball Productions Releases Winter On Marias Pass (VHS/DVD)

I just checked out their website and under new releases I saw that. From reading the review and looking at a few captions, it looks interesting. Would be nice to make a comparison with the game. I have the old one by Pentrex, and it is good. So drop by and check it out. Their web add. is http://www.traintapes.com

Default KHP, Alsp

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-17-02 AT 01:00AM (EDT)[/font][p](Title should be "KHP, also")

Check their section on CP. They've also got a tape that covers Kicking Horse Pass in the winter. In fact, they got some CP tapes that look like they're worth the money just for the scenery. Father's Day is coming up, you know,.......

Default RE: KHP, Alsp

I just ordered this video last week, haven't received it yet. They also have an older (1997 or so I think) tape entitled Marias Pass. I have about 13 of HBP's tapes and they're all very good, especially the Canadian stuff. All they're CP-related tapes are great.

Just received the "Winter on Marias Pass" video today. Highly recommended for any railfan, especially those drawn to MP. 1 hour, 45 minutes, lots of great winter scenery, good photography, and plenty of new Dash 9's. Features some great footage of a derailment at the Glacier Park bridge. 8 cars of a Chicago to Tacoma IM train met their "watery deaths" plunging off the bridge, possibly due to 70 mph winds. Also (which I've never seen), at the Summit, a pair of BN helpers cutting-off "on the fly", probably around 20 mph. Very interesting. Anyway, a very good video for those interested in these kinds of things. Add's some good reference points for MSTS.

Are there a lot of grade crossings on Marias Pass, and if so are many in the DVD. I like to hear those horns echo in mountainous territory.

Well, there's some here and there, I suppose, but quite a bit of "horn activity" in the video. If you're looking for noise bouncing of the canyon walls, I might suggest some of HBP's CP video's. Not only is the scenery excellent, but a lot of great sounds as well.