Thread: how do I find the screenshots?

Default how do I find the screenshots?

I am trying to find out where MSTS sends the screenshots when you hit the printscreen button

PLEASE HELP!

[email protected]

Default RE: how do I find the screenshots?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-18-02 AT 02:58PM (EDT)[/font][p]look in your train simulator folder and look for the files that end in .pcx

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator is the default install path I think.

HOLT Guest

After you hit print screen, go to start- accessories- paint - edit -yes -paste.

The picture will come up

M. Holt

[email protected]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-02 AT 09:45PM (EDT)[/font][p]MSTS saves the screenshots in the MSTS root folder when you hit the Prt Scr key. It will give each pic a name such as scrgrb0.pcx scrgrb1.pcx scrgrb2.pcx and so on. You can also do screen shots of the RE the same way. It will save only the window view, not the entire desktop.
    It is not necessary to transfer such pics directly to a paint program running in the background. You can do this later by moving the files out of the MSTS root folder to another location.
    Note, MSTS will overwrite the files the next time that you run it and save screen shots. Also, if you are using a 1280 x 1024 display as I am, the pcx files are going to be very large, some 2 to 3 meg in size. You will want to convert them to jpg or move them to a CD-R to free up HD space.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator is the correct default install path location to find them.

SRV Ron

Well now that is news to me -- I thought it just put them on the scratch pad - so I always just got out of MSTS and went into Photoshop LE to edit them, and then to ACDC to convert to low resolution jpg.

J. H. Sullivan

Prt Scr stores a snap of the desktop into the copy buffer. MSTS and the RE stores a copy of the window in the Train Simulator folder at the same time.

SRV Ron