Thread: Train Channel??

Default Train Channel??

Could somebody tell me what channel it is. Is it cable or satellite??Channel number to..

Default RE: Train Channel??

If you are talking about the Machines of Iron videos, those come on the RFDTV channel which is channel 9409 on DishTV. They are also on DirectTV but the channel number escapes me. The show comes on 2-3 times a week. I usually tape the Monday night/tuesday morning show at midnight.

If there is another Train Channel, it is news to me. RFDTV has a website rfdtv.com which list all its shows. They are mainly an agricultural channel.

ATSFDUDE

CNfavorite Guest

Are there any Canadians here that can verify this show was on TVO Ontario as well? A buddy of mine said he'd been watching this great series on Sunday nights around 8:00pm, and of course the Sunday I go to tune it in, the series had ended. :(

And my buddy couldn't remember the title that well?

There was a show Great Canadian Train Storys.
    I taped every one!
    It was pretty good it had stuff on Steam engines and early diesels to modern diesels. and shows on How railways started and stuff like that.
    Alot of info from The Canadian Railway mueseum.
    I went to that mueseum really nice there They have an FPA4 painted in cn green. I got a good photo of that one. And On one show it showed the first diesel to run in Canada and I saw it at the mueseum and went in the cab before I saw the show. But now the won't let any one on the trains:(
    Oh well.........
    Rob
    Rob

CNfavorite Guest

Thanks Rob, but I think I got all those taped too? ;-) Alot of English and French (with translator) on that one? But it is a very good series, and many interviews taken place around Delson Railway museum I believe? Also another good, but rare show is "Ribbons of Steel" hosted by Gordon Pinsent, and that used to circulate on the Lifetime channel I believe, and even on WTN (Womens Television Network - talk about getting P-whipped! ;-))
    And good old 'Locomotion' hosted by Jack Perkins, etc. My buddy doesn't know ALL the train shows I track down (pardon the pun), but he did think this latest on TVO was different to ones I used to talk about?

Or maybe they've done a second season? :)

On the same note ...

The History Channel used to air a program called Trains Unlimited, but apparently it was pretty limited as I have only seen a handful of episodes.

Do anyone have any info on the origin of this program and if there are any plans for more episodes??