Thread: XP Monkeys

FatController Guest

Default XP Monkeys

Hi people, I am in need of your expertise.

Does anyone know if the Curse of Monkey Island and/or Escape From Monkey Island work with Windows XP? Being old games I suspect not, but if anyone has got them to work could they let me know?

Thanks.

FatController

kevarc Guest

Default RE: XP Monkeys

A qualified they might. When you go to install do not let it autoinstall. I am not at the right computer at the moment. Look in the help file about running programs in older versions of windows. there is a way to set it up where it will run. I had to do it on a couple of programs for my son that would not work under XP. I did get them to work. If later this evening there hasn't been a answer I will get it for you step by step.

Kevin Arceneaux

Visit the game publisher's web site and see if there are any issues of running the games on Windows XP such as having to download a patch. Jeffrey.

rrlyon Guest

I believe they were DOS games, and as such will not run on XP (no DOS mode).

Richard
    Bellevue, WA

[Link Expired]

FatController Guest

Thanks for your help everyone! :-)

I have done a little research and it is true that they are DOS based and won't work with XP. Certainly that is the case with the older of the two. It is a shame.

FatController

driverphil1 Guest

Yes, DOS was completly removed in XP, but you can access a DOS command prompt where you can try to run your software, by going to Start, Run and typing 'command' (without quotes).

Phil
    http://trainsimming.tripod.com