Thread: Roundhouse in the works

Default Roundhouse in the works

Some pics of my Roundhouse under construction. Current version has large, paned windows across back wall.

[Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

Progressing slowly. Can't get bricks to look good. Also, having problems with lead tracks. Comments and suggestions welcome!!

Thanks, John

Default RE: Roundhouse in the works

Are you having a problem with the brick texture causing a moire pattern?(I think that's the right term) What I did to create a brick texture was to

1.start with a good brick background color

2.turn on grid guide to help with next step

3.add mortar lines

4.use "opacity" to stamp different reds and oranges over existing bricks AND mortar lines(to vary color a little)

5.now copy and paste til it is the size you need.

6. "add noise" operation in PSP7. This last step keeps TrainSim from developing the horendous patterns that tend to occur when there are straight lines and similar colors next to one another.

Hope this helps
    Mike

[Link Expired]
    Norfolk & Western
    Precision Transportation

[Link Expired]

Here is a 10 stall shop that I am working on! I know the brick texture really needs some work! Lots of room in there to wrench on your locos! 48000 square feet of space to be exact! As you can see I could fit half my locomotive collection in this sucker!

Looks good so far. Looking forward to add that to my route. Keep us informed.

ATSFDUDE

Gandalf;

Very cool. That is on my to do list as well! What problem are you having with the lead tracks? In looking at reference materials, it seems different degrees of seperation were used. I have some roundhouses that get 45 stalls, and others with 60 stalls. I was going to build one and live with it.

David Klemm
    Illinois Central Route
    Illinois and St Louis Divisions
    Ver 0.8 uploaded
    Decatur IL 51% done, off playing with trains and doing research for the next update!
    [Link Expired]