Thread: Graduated High School 2 weeks ago 1 dead in my class already.....

Default Graduated High School 2 weeks ago 1 dead in my class already.....

Seniors if you wanted to goto Myrtle Beach you could. They left last night and took along lots of alcohol. I didn't go because my family is going to NC. in 2 weeks. From what I heard so far they were drinking and he jumped off a balcony trying to land in a pool from 5 stories up. I heard the police were raiding the place and they were trying to run. Not sure if that part true but he died. It is a sad day.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...al/3389118.htm

here is a link for the little information so far.

Default RE: Graduated High School 2 weeks ago 1 dead in my class already.....

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-02 AT 05:35PM (EDT)[/font][p]I'm really sorry to hear about that. Alcohol and teens just don't mix well I guess. We all lost one of our good friends, Jenny Calla, in a foggy night car accident several months before graduation back in '91. We all grew up together, and we all loved her. I'm getting all watery-eyed just writing this so I better stop. My condolences to your class and his parents.

Bill [Link Expired]

FeatherRiver Guest

No teenagers and alcohol do not mix. I ended up in the hospital from drinking too much alcohol when I was about 15, had to have my stomache pumped. Fortunately, I'm still here twenty years later - a girl one year ahead of me wasn't so lucky. She passed out from vodka at a party and never woke up again. I still drink, but a lot more responsibly. It's very sad that the fun times of youth are so often destroyed by taking celebrations too far. Alcohol+Teens+Cars is even worse. Anyway, my condolences. Hopefully lessons were learned from the ill fate.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend/classmate. It's sad that people get liquid courage when they drink too much. You think it's strange that one of your classmates died already, wait until your 10 year reunion. In my graduating class (class of 90) there were 4 people that had died already, and two of them I knew, the other two I really didnt know, but recognized the names, and also found out one girl (that I have known very well since I was in 3rd grade) had a bad case of cancer, and wasn't expected to live. It really makes you think, when is my number going to be up? Kinda puts a new view on life!

Nick

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm 16 and I won't drink or do drugs of any sort because knowing the kind of person I am I would probably do something even more stupid because I'm already crazy to begin with!

-Zach

Hi all,

This has to do with trains, safety, and losing someone in your class. WAY back in 1984, a group of high-school seniors were having a party by the Illinois Central Gulf Chicago-Omaha mainline's bridge over the Kishwaukee river near Cherry Valley, Illinois. (MP 79.5)
    We all knew this spot, as it was a popular spot to ride dirt bikes on the trails and such.
    Well, after a night of drinking and partying, the guys got brave and started to walk the train bridge in the dark.
    You can see where this is going..a train came. One guy froze on the bridge with fear and the train hit him. It threw him almost 250 feet to his death. The hogger tried to stop, and was in emergency long before the bridge, but as we ALL know a train don't stop quickly.
    The ironic part...he was within 75 feet of the end. he could have ran to safety but he froze. Hi blood-alcohol was drunk X 3.

I grew up with this kid. He was a close friend's brother. I also knew the brakeman on the train as well.

This happned three days before graduation. The seniors were all done, just had to take the big walk. One of them never made it.

This story has stuck with me every time I have crossed a train bridge or hear of kids playing around on one. It only takes once with a train. If it is a tie, YOU LOSE!!

It's sad. My thoughts to the people who have lost loved ones or friends to stupidity or accidents brought on by booze.

Take care!

Kelley D. Ellison
    CSX-A Line Chief Lighting Engineer
    [Link Expired]
    NALW Lighting Engineer
    [Link Expired]
    [marquee direction = "LEFT"}
    [Link Expired]
    [/marquee]
    [font size = "0"]