Thread: [email protected] trainsim.com

Default [email protected] trainsim.com

I have received email from Nels and from David Beach([email protected]) which didn't contain any text but an attachment. The attachments are not visible in hotmail.

Is there a virus on the loose at trainsim.com? I hope it will not spread to file library.

Enocell

Default REnot really trainsim.com

I don't think it is here, but rather the virus uses email addresses and adds them to the from address. Someone who frequents here has the virus. I've been getting these a lot lately.

David Klemm
    Illinois Central Route
    Illinois and St Louis Divisions
    Ver 0.8 uploaded
    Decatur IL 51% done, off playing with trains and doing research for the next update!
    [Link Expired]

Default RE: [email protected] trainsim.com

I'm getting lots (and lots and lots) of these. The emails are not coming from the person they say they are coming from. Frequently I get these that claim to have come from me even! Definitely a lot of this virus going around.

kevarc Guest

Go to this page on the Norton Site. This is a nasty little bugger that is causing all the problems

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/[email protected]

Kevin Arceneaux

driverphil1 Guest

As I have said before:

I HATE people who spoil the internet for others. It gets me really angry.

Anyway, what do you mean, it does not show up in hotmail? I have had an email which had some reference to this virus. IN THE BIN IT WENT!! It didn't seem to have an attachment, as I can remember it didn't have an attachment, so do you mean, in hotmail it does not have the attachment? I know that Hotmail uses a virus utility to scan attachments.

Cheers,

Phil
    http://trainsimming.tripod.com

The message was just a blank and no attachments but it was over 150K.

Enocell

What I do is to BIN all emails where I don't have an idea who sent them - indications being goofy sender addresses or nonsensical subject lines. I never open any of these messages either. Apart from that I have disabled the preview pane in order to prevent a script to be run this way, and I also have Norton AntiVirus 2002 running constantly. A few days ago my father received an infected email on his PC, but NAV caught it before it could do any harm.

If any of those responsible for these nasty bu99ers should read this:

BURN IN HELL, D*MN F*CKERS!!!!!

(sorry for that outburst)

D.M.

"Homini plurima ex homine sunt mala."

- Plinius Maior, Naturalis Historia 7,1,5

superatom Guest

Thoes e-mails dont affect any 1 siging in to hotmail. its only if u use outlook express or some other non browser program to check e-mails, my norton anti-virus catches it every day, i have at least 5 of them every day, sad eh. I get that box that pops up, dont quarntine it or w/e its called, press the skip button, then u can delete it. So it dosnt stay on your computer.
    Last edited by Nels_Anderson; 08-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.

[font color="red"]
    Here is a way to STOP your computer from infecting other people's computers.[/font]

[Link Expired]

Of course this will NOT happen if you have installed a good Antivirus program and updated regularly.

BUT there is also the OFF-CHANCE you or I could be one of the very first to cop an unknown bug.
    Hence read this post to help you and I from at least infecting others.

[Link Expired]