Thread: Atlanta MSTS Group Gathering

Default Atlanta MSTS Group Gathering

Attention all MSTS fans in Atlanta and the surrounding area. The Atlanta MSTS group is planning an outing on Saturday June 29th to the Tennessee Valley Railroad in Chattanooga, TN.
    We would be meeting at about noon at the Depot and spend the day looking at static displays, taking about MSTS, and of course taking a train ride for those interested.

There is a small restaurant there as well. Also the NMRA (National Model Railrod Association) HQ is located next door to the TVRR. Not sure if they are open on Saturdays, but I will check it out.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. Already confirmed is Bill Burnett, the creator of the seaview routes, and Ed Hawkins.

Here is a blurb from the TVRR site..
    Steam locomotive operates most weekends and weekdays during the peak summer season. When the steam locomotive is not available, trains are pulled by vintage WWII-era ALCO RSD1 or EMD GP7 diesel-electrics.

"Missionary Ridge Local Service" - This is a six-mile, 50-minute roundtrip from Grand Junction Station to East Chattanooga Depot, crossing Chickamauga Creek, CSX mainline
    (ex-W&A), Tunnel Boulevard and Awtry Street bridges and passing through pre-Civil War Missionary Ridge Tunnel. Passengers detrain in East Chattanooga for a layover which includes viewing the locomotive rotate on a turntable and a tour through the railyard and into the restoration shop to see work in progress before reboarding the train for the return trip.

For more information, please visit thier site at http://www.tvrail.com/

I enjoyed my last outing with the group and learned alot from those in attendance.

Hope to see you there..

ATSFDUDE

Southern_Railway Guest

Default RE: Atlanta MSTS Group Gathering

John,

Hopefully we can all ride up together. Gives a lot of time to share ideas and experiences.

This weekend, I will email all the others that I can think of in case they don't happen to see your post.

Bill Burnett

Bill,

Thats not a problem. Will work out the details later.

ATSFDUDE

I'm going to do my best to join you folks out there if I can get off work that day. Let me know about what time you are planning to be at the TVRR.