Thread: amtrak palmetto?

Acela7 Guest

Default amtrak palmetto?

Ok, I thought that the train from New York > Tampa was called the Silver Palm, and that it had a sleeping car. After just going to Amtrak's website, they called it the "Palmetto" and that there was no sleeper. Now, I find this hard to believe, because, I just saw the "Palm" on my vacation to Florida back in april, and not only was it announced on the intercom @ Tampa station as the "Silver Palm" but it also had a Viewliner Sleeper, the "Summit View" on it. If Amtrak truly has taken the sleeper off of the Palm, I guess I'm lucky to have gotten a picture of it.

-Jesse

Default RE: amtrak palmetto?

They are so short of equipment right now there's no telling what's going to become "normal" for a while. The Beech Grove shop is filling up with long-distance equipment they can't afford to repair. One more damaged or wrecked car and the whole system is likely to suffer noticeably.

ryanp029 Guest

amtrak did re-name the silver palm, #89 an #90 back to the palmetto. along with the name change, amtrak removed the sleeper and the diner for a business class car (re-furbished amfleet II coach). 89/90 still runs with a baggage car, crew car, amfleet II business class car, amfleet II lounge, 3-4 amfleet II coaches, and LOTS of mail on the rear.

ryan

Acela7 Guest

Just to be a pest :-) I thought I would correct you in saying that the mail cars are in the front, mainly because of the Tampa, and I'm sure others, require that the train back in.

-Jesse

ryanp029 Guest

sorry about my last post,

they do run mail car behind the motors, ahead of the baggage. also, between PHL and JAX, you can find nearly a dozen or so RoadRailers bringing up the marker...

ryan

[MARQUEE WIDTH="1000" DIRECTION=LEFT LOOP=INFINITE SCROLLAMOUNT="1" SCROLLDELAY="11" TRUESPEED][b]THE CAPITOL LIMITED # 29/30[IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\182a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\88a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\1001a.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\39000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\32000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\32000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\38000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\33000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\34000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\34000a.gif" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\700003a.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\700000a.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\700001a.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\700000a.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"][IMG SRC="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\giffolder\1500x.bmp" VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0" BORDER="0"]
    [/MARQUEE]