Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surveys -- Enough Already!

Default Surveys -- Enough Already!

I have my flame-proof suit on but it's kinda moth-eaten, you know holy!

What is with all these survey type questions? Questions of the type "Where are you from?", "What's your favorite loco",
    or "What kind of gasoline to you burn in your favorite GP-38?" seem to be popping up at the rate of one or two a week. Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing them. If there is a legitimate reason for asking the question, then state it, and provide us with the results. Many of the questions are meaningless (e.g. "What would you be doing right now if you didn't have MSTS?")

All these surveys waste bandwidth, forum disk space and seem to serve no useful purpose. The surveys are not all originating from the same user. My recommendation is that if you have nothing better to do than come up with these pointless questions, go see if you can find the secret project in Sea View 2!

(Takes flame-proof suit off) OK, so how many Chrome-shifted go-fasters does your inverse gonkulator have?
    [Link Expired]
    Cal Rasmussen
    Beaverton, OR
    I'm an excellent speler. I jus can't type worth a damn!
    Columbia Gorge Route (15% done, The Dalles yard and dam(10
    %) in progress)
    Cal Rasmussen
    [email protected]
    Columbia Gorge Route

Default RE: Surveys -- Enough Already!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-02 AT 06:17PM (EDT)[/font][p]LMAO x 2~!~!

Actually that was the first thing I said when I saw them here!!

But then, one fine day, I got damn bored and created one of these types of surveys as I was waiting for a fast response to another post so that I could get back to what I was doing..

But who knows!? Someone may be conducting a unversity-based statistical survery targetted at specifically, the MSTS train-sim population~!? (hehe.. I'd doubt it though.. not to make you feel you have to put the suite back on..)

I see a couple surveys that people would argue as legit.. We as train-sim members (of a community) do look to find common ground with one another and able to relate to one another as we share info and files.. (my opinion only) I'd admit that I don't really see the point of a couple of surveys out there, but hey they have the right to post it up there, just as long as its in the general forum!?

But point well taken Cal..

NOTE: I am happy to report that no flames were used or projected in your direction to convey this message.. :)

[font color=dark red] cdntrains [font color=green][marquee scrollamount=4][Link Expired] [Link Expired] "must be trains in the blood" :) [/marquee]
    [marquee scrollamount=4 behavior=slide][font size=1] http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm [/marquee]

P.S. Actually I think some people look to create those surveys to see how many people will respond to 'em.. (I think that that was part of my motivation to post it up there as well.. but also curious to get to know ppl in one way or another..)

I would have to agree with ya cdntrains

Its always nice to at least know a little about the people you are talking to.
    At least some want to know , and that is the purpose.

Make a Mess!!
    I am :-)
    Make a Mess

What is your favorite operating system?

UNIX! You weren't expecting that, were you?

[Link Expired]
    Cal Rasmussen
    Beaverton, OR
    %) in progress)
    Cal Rasmussen
    [email protected]
    Columbia Gorge Route

CanadianAlcoboy Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-02 AT 07:59PM (EDT)[/font][p]Heres one for you: Why do people complain so much on these forums.

LoL

Make a Mess!!
    I am :-)
    Make a Mess

Agreed! Let's get back to work.

[Link Expired]
    Cal Rasmussen
    Beaverton, OR
    %) in progress)
    Cal Rasmussen
    [email protected]
    Columbia Gorge Route

Well, as long as we can all get along again, I'll be as :) as stumbl!! (hehe.. a first time event on train-sim!!)

[font color=dark red] cdntrains [font color=green][marquee scrollamount=3][Link Expired]3cec217553a3b730.gif [Link Expired] "must be trains in the blood" :) [/marquee]
    [marquee scrollamount=3 behavior=slide][font size=1] http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm [/marquee]

Wait

I know

Lets have a survey on whether or not to have surveys !!

Tim Kent
    [Link Expired]
    "Power for You"

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region