Thread: Chicago Elevated Update

Default Chicago Elevated Update

This is to give notice, that as of about 1-2 weeks ago the Chicago Elevated Route has, at least for the moment halted production due to it's stirring of bad memories. It seems I've made an enemy of myself to the CTA, so if you would like to see further releases of the route, I suggest you contact them and plead and/or complain.
    It seems they took rather unkindly to me when I went to take pictures for research, and I was forced to spend several hours in a very small concrete room alone, something which still gives me nightmares.
    I do apologise for the bad news, but hope that in the future things will have a brighter outlook, and it will become less stressful to be a traction fan.

-Chris

LawrenceKellie Guest

Default RE: Chicago Elevated Update

Total bummer.

September 11 has changed many, many things in the world.

Lawrence

They are not sypathetic to the fact that you are a fan? They assume you are doing research to blow it up or something. S A D.

Man, I'm sorry that happened. I guess this a warning to the rest of us who haven't taken pictures lately.

[Link Expired]
    Pete Willard

http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Starlight Guest

Hmm. Odd that they'd do that. Did you ask before you took the pictures? reason I ask is I asked CSX a few weeks back and was allowed (within reason) to tromp all over their old engineshops in Savannah..(found the old turntable pit *where it was filled in* pictures around here somewhere) They seemed pretty ok with the idea...so long as I kept away from the active tracks and checked out when I left.

Doesn't surprise me.

Several years ago now I spent a month touring North America and was acosted twice by police, once NYC Transit police and the other time ordinary cops, for simply taking photos of trains from normal public places. It was quite off-putting, having travelled in many countries taking transport pictures without any problems at all. I thought I'd arrived in the Soviet Union rather than the USA :-). I put it down to the USA being a very over regulated country, and these cops were from the 'jobsworth' brigade.

Not that the experience would stop me visiting again (given the chance), it's just that some of the police seemed to be over-zealous at the the time I visited.

[Link Expired]
    Al