Thread: Help to George Elwood

Default Help to George Elwood

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-02 AT 03:09PM (EDT)[/font][p]Please read the info at http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/.

It would be great loss if he has to shut the site down. I have used the photos and info on 90% of my repaints.

Enocell

Smooz Guest

Default RE: Help to George Elwood

Just a clarification. He does NOT say he is closing down. A couple of screens down, he gives three options. All three options allow for all files to be available.

Smooz

ps. I am not negating his need, just clarifying what appears to be a miscommunication in the above post.

Well, to me low access rate is almost the same as closing down.
    I always get "too much users" etc. screens with many popular sites, or very low transfer rates. I don't like to wait 20 minutes for 100K picture.

George's site was (usually) fast and has lots of information and especially no ads. I hope it stays like that.

Enocell

Smooz Guest

You are 100% in your points.

Smooz

I have a question, I have photos on his site that I took, developed with my own money, scanned with my own time. Should I ask for payment for my work? The whole basis behind the internet was for the free exchange of information. Sure George has a nice site, but if I have to start paying for the information I might as well just join an historical society. IMHO if he pulls the plug, I'll just do what I did five years ago before I had internet access, I'll do without.

Rich S.

Rich S.