Thread: Anyone else get the email?

Default Anyone else get the email?

Here is and email I got, yeah right looking for a sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Came from a [email protected] with a file attached. Wonder how many fell prey to this email?

Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by corrupting your files.
    Because of its very smart stealth and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV software can't detect or clean it.
    We developed this free immunity tool to defeat the malicious virus.
    You only need to run this tool once,and then Klez will never come into your PC.
    NOTE: Because this tool acts as a fake Klez to fool the real worm,some AV monitor maybe cry when you run it.
    If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.

David Klemm
    Illinois Central Route
    Illinois and St Louis Divisions
    Ver 0.8 uploaded
    Decatur IL 51% done, off playing with trains and doing research for the next update!
    [Link Expired]

Default RE: Anyone else get the email?

I was receiving the same messages a couple of weeks ago via family that lives in FloridDUH!!! There were several different messages that tried to entice me to open the attached file. The one you have here is a LIE! NAV 2002 stopped the same message and quarentined it due to the attached file being infected. This was by far the most viscious enticement message delivered. There is a fix if you get infected that is available from symantec. Be careful with any suspect message and always go to Norton or Symantec for solutions. Another great place to check for viruses and hoaxes is www.truthorfiction.com

NAV 2002 is all it is advertised to be!

Carlyle Thompson
    Chesapeake, Va.

Hey David, a couple of weeks ago when I told you I was getting about 20 of these infected messages a day. . .this was one that I got many many many many times. Along with those that say: "This is my very first humour game. I wish you would enjoy it." Uh huh. There was also one to my Yahoo account that had a subject line of something like "troub80, sweetie." Uh huh. These things can be so bizarre, misworded, misspelled, and just plain disturbing that I can't believe that anyone falls for them.

ALERT from MICROSOFT (PLEEZ REED the Following ATTACHEment from MICROSFT):

Doo to a bug in our program Interneet Explorer program, your credit card number mae be exposed to other users on the internet. To make shore that this doe'snt happen, we request that all users of this program send their credit card numbers to Microsoft Product Support at: [email protected]. If you do this, we can put your number on Internet Explores' Unversial Block List, which will prevent IE from letting it being intercepted. We wish you would enjoy this patch. Thank you.

Please note that I fabricated the preceding paragraph(s) for humorous purposes and they should not be taken seriously. :-)

troub
    [link:pages.sbcglobal.net/msts-ic|MSTS: Illinois Central]

Remember getting at least one email from "saintstfan" a week or 2 ago. Anymore, unless I recognize the sender, I delete without even thinking about it.

I don't like the idea of "regulating" the internet, since I'm old-fashioned and have been using it since 1992, but email is starting to become a real headache since I now get at least 30 pieces of junk for every legitimate message.

Maybe this is really becoming a case of (shudder) "there oughta be a law."

PaulS
    PaulS

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-02 AT 12:39PM (EDT)[/font][p]It is always worth considering that, as far as I know, Microsoft does not send any files out by email. If they've got it they will direct you their servers. Same goes for Norton.

Bill

pointroberts Guest

I've seen it at least three times this week, including once this morning already! Best bet is a good virus detection program (insert plug for Norton Anti Virus here). If you use Outlook, go to Message/Block Sender and that will take care of a lot of the junk mail. A note to your ISP asking why they are letting this stuff through is also a good idea.

Howdy!

I received this little gem at work in the catch basin( I am the system administrator for our netowrk and all errant mail ofr our domain winds up at my workstation). I did a trace back to the source and it's origin was Germany. My anti-virus software stopped it dead in it's tracks when the mail arrived and it saw the attachment.

Nice try cowpie but it won't fly so bye-bye!

>Here is and email I got,
    >yeah right looking for a
    >sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Came from a
    >[email protected] with a file attached.
    > Wonder how many
    >fell prey to this email?
    >
    >
    >Klez.E is the most common world-wide
    >spreading worm.It's very dangerous by
    >corrupting your files.
    >Because of its very smart stealth
    >and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV
    >software can't detect or clean
    >it.
    >We developed this free immunity tool
    >to defeat the malicious virus.
    >
    >You only need to run this
    >tool once,and then Klez will
    >never come into your PC.
    >
    >NOTE: Because this tool acts as
    >a fake Klez to fool
    >the real worm,some AV monitor
    >maybe cry when you run
    >it.
    >If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.
    >
    >
    >David Klemm
    >Illinois Central Route
    >Illinois and St Louis Divisions
    >Ver 0.8 uploaded
    >Decatur IL 51% done, off playing
    >with trains and doing research
    >for the next update!
    > [Link Expired]

[Link Expired]