Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formation of Tarsonis Rail Yards

Default Formation of Tarsonis Rail Yards

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-02 AT 08:03PM (EDT)[/font][p]I'm glad to announce the formation of Tarsonis Rail Yards, currently under managment by me. Soon I will have a site for joining etc.

should anyone be offended by the current logo, consult me and I will replace it.

[Link Expired]
    [font size="1"](the confederate flag shown is from the Terran Confederacy, headquartered on Tarsonis in StarCraft and has no relation other than the flag to the Confederate States of America and is therefore no threat to African Americans)

Default RE: Formation of Tarsonis Rail Yards

Well here's how I feel,
    Yep I am black and few of us on here are black. I stay in southern Arkansas where every white person I know is flying one. And to be honest I hate them. Not because of the flag, but what the people do in my area with it. I could take you to some of the places here in my town where every racial slur, racial graffitti, etc. was accompanied by a rebel flag. The few can spoil it for the enemy. But man its your company, your logo, you put whatever you like on it. I have my opinion true enough, but some things I cant change. Really I dont have a problem with it, but whenever I see one it reflects back to all this bullshit we have going on down here. But to avoid being severely flamed, and being labeled the "bad guy" do as you like, and if you have something neat that I would like, its no problem, let it stand. Thank you.

*Slaps on the suit, and runs for cover.

>Well here's how I feel,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yep I am
    >black and few of us
    >on here are black.
    >I stay in southern Arkansas
    >where every white person I
    >know is flying one.
    >And to be honest I
    >hate them. Not because
    >of the flag, but what
    >the people do in my
    >area with it. I
    >could take you to some
    >of the places here in
    >my town where every racial
    >slur, racial graffitti, etc. was
    >accompanied by a rebel flag.
    > The few can spoil
    >it for the enemy.
    >But man its your company,
    >your logo, you put whatever
    >you like on it.
    >I have my opinion true
    >enough, but some things I
    >cant change. Really I
    >dont have a problem with
    >it, but whenever I see
    >one it reflects back to
    >all this bullshit we have
    >going on down here.
    >But to avoid being severely
    >flamed, and being labeled the
    >"bad guy" do as you
    >like, and if you have
    >something neat that I would
    >like, its no problem, let
    >it stand. Thank you.
    >
    >
    >*Slaps on the suit, and runs
    >for cover.

No need to run for cover I assure you. Being born white I cannot honestly say I know how you feel, but I'm beginning to get an inkling. To give you a small example, the company I work for (a small factory in NY no less) advertises itself as an Equal Opportunity Employer. YEAH RIGHT... many people apply for jobs there, black, indian, white, asian. Guess who gets the job?
    The white guy, because they don't want any of those <insert ignorant racial stereotype here> working here. To me that's absolutely despicable and last time I checked ILLEGAL! So no flames from me I'm pulling for everybody but my employers.
    Sorry for ranting, It's a real hot-button subject for me.
    Take care!

Bill [Link Expired]

For the record,I'm not a supporter of the Confederates. (except in the GReat Locomotive Chase)

I wasn't implying that you were. That's not how I wanted my post to come across and I most humbly apologize.

Bill [Link Expired]

i wasnt saying you were implying that i support one of the worst things to happen to the US.

I am a white person orignialy from the midwest. While in service in the Air Force in Pamana City, Florida in 59 and 60 I saw things I had never seen before or even imagined could happen. Afro Americans (Blacks to some of you out there) were treated like animals. They were people to be used and abused as the priviliged white people sought fit. So I, for one, think the symbol of the Rebel Flag stands for racism and is very objectionable.

Dwayne

SHEPLEY1935 Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-02 AT 08:48AM (EDT)[/font][p]I resent the display of any Conferate States of America flag! To me it represents an area and it inhabitants that commited treason! Unfortunately there still exist organizations in the South (Sons of the Confederacy for one) that play the roll of the agrieved party. So no person can question my race or where I come from...white 67 yo male born and raised in Iowa! You have little respect for the men of Minnesota who gave their lives and limbs to preserve the Union!

Don Shepley-Chicago

kevarc Guest

First off, this is not the flag of the CSA. This is the battle flag. Yes it has come to represent the cofederacy, but it was not the official flag. That was the Stars and Bars.

Please I am very tired of Yankee's condeming the south for their history. I have lived in both the north and south and have found that racism is just as widespread in the north as the south. Yes there have been ugly incident in the south, but it is very convienently forgotten the riots the southies on Boston in the 80's and the incidents that have occured in New York and California. Most Southerners have faced our demon of racism in the face and learned, when will you Yankee's do the same.

Kevin Arceneaux

SHEPLEY1935 Guest

If you reread my comments, other than mentioning my race, I did not play the race card! I made a simple statement that I consider the Confederate States of America and it's inhabitants, at the time of the rebelion, as traiters and they should have been treated as such!

Don Shepley-Chicago