Thread: SP Mikado #786

Default SP Mikado #786

Howdy,
    This is something that may interest steam fans and especially SP steam fans...i don't know if u all know but there has been a SP Mikado running in the hill country of texas (Austin Area). It was an engine that ran on the T&NO Branch that SP operated. 2 yrs ago during routine servicing, they found a crack in the cylinder saddle. My dad and i work on this volunteer r.r. and we both miss the locomotive. My dad is a fireman on the r.r. (while he isn't doing his conductor duties on the BNSF) and i have gotten the chance to fire the loco a couple of times. Right now they run the train w/ a RSD-15 alligator nose (ex santa fe units). One of these units is painted in the old SP "Black Widow" scheme (SP Owned a few alligator nose units.)Anyway i was wondering if ne of these loco's have been done for MSTS?? or if ne1 one could do them as i ain't skilled enough yet. If u would like to help the A&TC (the R.R. that operates these trains)or find out more visit their website http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/

Kyle
    --BNSF Conductor--

Default RE: SP Mikado #786

there is a Southern Heavy Mikado. What is the alligator nose loco you were referring to and do you have a pic?

[Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

[Link Expired]
    [font size="1"](the confederate flag shown is from the Terran Confederacy, headquartered on Tarsonis in StarCraft and has no relation other than the flag to the Confederate States of America and is therefore no threat to African Americans. Should anyone feel offended consult me and I will replace it A.S.A.P.)

Default RE: SP Mikado #786

not @ the moment. These RSD-15's were common on the ATSF in the 60's and 70s i think. SP had just a limited # of these engines. The Mikado i referred to is in the MK-5 Class that SP had.
    --BNSF Conductor--