Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Techniques

Default Screenshot Techniques

I have seen some of you peoples screenshots that I had to do a double take because they look that good and realistic. What sort of cam hack did you use. I know some of them was not taken using the default camcfg settings. How do I hack the cam to get those interesting angles. I like some of your screenshots.

Default RE: Screenshot Techniques

For these two,

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

my settings are:

Front Tracking (2): 16
    Rear Tracking (3): 16
    Spotter (4): 15

To change the values, open the camfg.dat file in the Global folder, then you go down a bit and see all the different views. You want to change the FOV value from a high one, to a lower one (I believe the defualt one was 60).

[marquee]
    [Link Expired]
    [/marquee]

Mike Karlik

activitamin Guest

THANK YOU.
    but i am new to sim&computers,can you please tell me where7how these files are to be reached?
    thank you

activitamin Guest

Also please tell me how to open camfg.dat ?what should i need to open these files?
    thanx

Your camera file is located in the "Global" folder,and you open it by right-clicking with your mouse(open with word pad).Make sure after you open the file that your set the file to "archive",and not "read-only" otherwise you won't be able to save your changes.Look for the FOV values,these numbers change the camera focal distance.The smaller the number,the closer the camera tracks the train,the bigger the number,the further the distance.I personally don't go bigger than 120,and smaller than 10.There are some cameras that you don't need to change,like the "derailment cam,or cab view.Their is a "spotter" cam file in the file library that i use as a base to make changes.I include some shots using my modified cam.cfg file.These shots were taken on Rich's Ohio Railv9

Here are some interesting things you can do with a photo editor.

Transcon Guest

Is there anyway to increase the amount of time between an actual crash and the time when the Activity Ended - Train Derailed message pops up? And is there a hack to it, so that you can freely move around the crash site with the "Crash Cam"?

I tried some things(same as to the SpotterCam) to the DerailCam, and the results were Send/Don't Send (surprise!) when the train derailed.

Transcon Guest

*TEST*
    [Link Expired]

The only problem, you can't zoom out very far... so I'm going to change the values up to around 50 or so...

lilman316 Guest

Default RE%253A Screenshot Techniques

I'll see if this works.