Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.realrobots.com Has a poll, asking which do you like more, robots or trains? With this, I intend to show those crazy people that TRAINS are better than ROBOTS. So which do you like more?

tulloch Guest

Default www.realrobots.com Has a poll, asking which do you like more, robots or trains? With this, I intend to show those crazy people that TRAINS are better than ROBOTS. So which do you like more?

Default Err...

A poll posted there would be biased towards robots, a poll here biased towards trains... a poll that would be truly representative of an actual population preference would be one posted on a site that was not connected to either.... or to both ~chuckle~

Marketing Research 101: Polls and Surveys...

[br][br][hr][br][br]"Is All That We See Or Seem But A Dream Within A Dream?"[br][br]--Edgar Allen Poe[br][br][font color="#003300"]—[/font][font color="#006600"]«[/font][font color="#003300"]–[/font][font color="#990000"]Œ[/font][br][br][br]——DR[br][br][hr][br][br]
    "Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -E. A. Poe

tulloch Guest

Default RE: Err...

Yes it would, BUT, we have heaps more members! <evil laugh>

not really , lol
    mechwarrior has been around a LOT longer than msts
    Make a Mess

Your poll would still be meaningless to them and theirs to us because it is biased and not a true population representation, just two small segements of the total population...

[hr]

"Is All That We See Or Seem But A Dream Within A Dream?"

--Edgar Allen Poe

[font color="#003300"]—[/font][font color="#006600"]«[/font][font color="#003300"]–[/font][font color="#990000"]Œ[/font]

——DR

[hr]

tulloch Guest

As I said before, we have far more members, so we can show them, just by members, which has more people interested

tulloch Guest

Default www.realrobots.com

I had asked to join www.reailrobots.com, but still have not recieved a e-mail confirming this.

I wonder if the reason was, that my nick was going to be TRAINS?

This doesn't mean much, but thought that I might let you know.

You see the active member roster and think "wow thats a lot of members" that may or may not be the case, read the boards and then realize just how many of those "active members" post to the forum, granted that many may just read the forum, but statistically there's probably just as great a many on that list that had two accounts or more, they lost the pw to the first, the email changed or what have you and never contacted Nels about it. So you think there are more members here than there? You may in fact be correct. It doesn't mean that there are more people interested in trains than robots. It just means, and I checked their site, that this site has been here a lot longer. People who install MSTS will find that there is an address given to http://www.microsoft.com/games/trainsim and there is a link for train-sim there and at msn gaming site. Two very huge sites. In time as people find out about the robot site the number of members there will increase... and even if it runs far past the train-sim numbers, neither number is a true representation of interst in robots in the population. I think realrobot understands this. They put out a magazine and seem to understand statistical data.

[br][br][hr][br][br]"Is All That We See Or Seem But A Dream Within A Dream?"[br][br]--Edgar Allen Poe[br][br][font color="#003300"]—[/font][font color="#006600"]«[/font][font color="#003300"]–[/font][font color="#990000"]Œ[/font][br][br][br]——DR[br][br][hr][br][br]

tulloch Guest

Ok then, lets push for a realrobots link on microsoft.com and MSN.
    Would this not bring the two closer together?
    Anyway, the reason that MicroSoft and MSN has the link is (amd this is what I think, NOT Microsoft) the site gives you 1000's of Fab downloads for MSTS, and if you don't have it already, it might get you to go out there and buy it, this is just a ploy by Micosoft to make more, as it does not cost them a cent to have a link to a sight, unless the sight charges. From what I can gather, this site does not charge Microsoft, because if it did, I would asume that Microsoft would remove the link.

Default RE: www.realrobots.com

I like trains just as much as I like robots, and don't see how they could be compared to each other; they're just machines designed to perform a specific task.

By the way, does www.realrobots.com have an American site?