Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

I found this http://home.pages.at/wbf-kk/EEEC/EEPDownload.html and it looks like download for some kind of sim, not MSTS or Trainz anyway from what I can see. Anyone know what it is? I'd like to download the sim or game that uses these though.

/Jonatan

Default RE: What is this?

Jonatan:

The higher level page says:

Auf dieser Seite werden hauptsächlich Fahrzeuge für das Programm Eisenbahn.Exe professionell angeboten

I read the sim as "Eisenbahn.exe Professionell." There's also a variation called "Eisenbahn.exe European Class." Try a Google search.

Andy

Thanks! :D I found it.

/Jonatan

So....what is it?

Cal Rasmussen
    Beaverton, OR
    (My email is in my profile)

Columbia Gorge Route (Phase 2-- Stalled, trying to decide whether to go forward with it or scrap it.)
    Cal Rasmussen
    [email protected]
    Columbia Gorge Route

It's a European (German) produced model railway construction software. Originally only available direct from the developers it's been kicking around in the stores here in the UK for a year or too. I had a pevious version, not bad and better than the Abracadata one but not really up to the standard of MSTS/Trainz or (from the screenshots) new version of Rail 3D.

Here's a link to a German language page, not sure if this is the most current coverage.

http://members.aol.com/SoftUnterg/Eisenbahn.htm

I can only warn about EEEC/EEP. I've had EEEC, and I was apalled by it.

Software Untergrund, the original producers of those programs have a rather weird licensing procedure conerning Third Party content. You can't use Gmax, you need a specific Object/Rolling Stock editor available from Software Untergrund. Additionally, you can only publish any 3rd party conent via The official Website. And as far as I know, there is no such thing as Freeware for EEP/EEEC.

Apart from that, the handling comfort is just awful!