Thread: Curious Question about the "PO&N" Line

Default Curious Question about the "PO&N" Line

I've noticed in MSTS of these PO&N engines and cars, I also notice the logo.
    Since when did PO&N use CatDog from Nickelodeon on their logos?

-BeaverMon, AKA Ben-

Default RE: Curious Question about the "PO&N" Line

Pretty much since the first version of PO&N

Later

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Default RE: Curious Question about the

Actually I think it kicked in around version 3 or 4, can't find the thread now so it probably got lost in one of the server crashes. A member who is no longer with us, Kevin "Cadman" Shea (the guy the coal mine is named after) got the wacky idea of skinning a loco for a fictional railroad, and just painted "PO&N" on a BNSF paint scheme. After some discussion CatDog was chosen as the perfect mascot for a third class feeder route that didn't know what the hell it was supposed to be feeding, and Kevin came up with that logo.

Freddie "Splatter" Huff (refinery) got in on the act and painted a DD-40 and SW-1500, others followed, and the paint scheme evolved like real railroads do into the current green and yellow. That's not to say there's an "official" paint scheme, most people pretty much use whatever they want. John "China Syndrome" Fowlis, the favorite of kids everywhere for his ttank.zip, skinned some of his early models in his own PO&N paint scheme with his own PO&N logo.

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

Since TGAtool2 came out and made it possible for any idiot (like me) to reskin, I fool around with painting myself to take a break from the RE occasionally. Here's a pair of cabooses (cabeese?) with Kevin's logo on one, John's logo and paint scheme on the other:

[Link Expired]

I get kickbacks from the mental health industry for everyone I push over the edge, so the CatDog logo is the perfect weapon for driving people crazy.

[Link Expired]

Default RE: Curious Question about the

I see. Thanks for the insight.

-BeaverMon, AKA Ben-