Thread: Windows XP Color Question

Default Windows XP Color Question

Hi, I would like to change the color of the taskbar with out changing the rest of the color settings. Is there anyway?

This is the only way I know how to change the color of the taskbar but then I change the color scheme setting all of the colors of the windows change too. I am wondering is there is any way just to change the taskbar (labled 'this' in the picture). Thanks.

Default RE: Windows XP Color Question

It should just change without it changing(Can't spell) the color of the screen, I gots a Windows XP, I know:) But if it does just change the color of the taskbar, then go to the desktops and reselect the picture of the steam engine, and it should work:)

Thanks,
    Jonathan T.

I don't understand what you are saying. When I select the silver setting, both the taskbar and the color of the windows change. Insted of the blue lining on the windows there is silver. I know how to reset my desktop the way I want it but I am wondering if there is a way just to change the color of the taskbar with out everything else changing.

You can click on that Advanced button in your screenshot to change individual windows or the fonts of the text. But I don't think there's an option to change the colour of Start Menu... :(

i like setting mine to Classic, looks mor eprofessional, and XP looks more Cutesy Main Stream...

I rather go back to Windows 98 IMO. All of my old games worked on it. But at least I got some of Windows 98 back by using the "classic" theme.

-BeaverMon, AKA Ben-